Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

LOVE MY DURANGO
By KENNY N

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and I love it. Sorry I waited so long to buy one. It handles great and my wife loves it. The ride is so smooth and the engine (HEMI) is so responsive. It is so quick I have to be careful not to accelerate to fast. When I first drove it it scared me!! What a great SUV! I cannot say enough about it and everybody loves the way it looks. I almost bought a RAM 1500 Laramie. Boy am I glad I bought the Durango.

The HEMI engine and the Sirius satellite radio.

It should have a remote gas filler release.

DURANGO FEVER
By FICA

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

MY WIFE AND I TRADED A 2000 DURANGO ON A NEW 2004 DURANGO. WHAT A DIFFERENCE 4 YEARS OF ENGINEERING CAN MAKE! THE DRIVER AND PASSENGER SEATS HAVE THE BEST HEADRESTS ON THE MARKET.SECOND ROW SEATS RECLINE FOR THOSE LONG TRIPS.THIRD ROW IS STILL COMFORTABLE FOR MOST ADULTS.THE 8 SPEAKER SUROUND SOUND SYSTEM IS AWSOME! AND IF YOU HAVE KIDS YOU MUST HAVE THE OVERHEAD DVD PLAYER WITH THE WIRELESS HEADSETS.YOU WILL NEVER HERE "ARE WE THERE YET" AGAIN! YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!

LEATHER SEATS,DVD PLAYER,NEW KEYLESS ENTRY AND IGNITION KEY ALL IN ONE.17" RIMS LETS YOU RIDE WITH THE BIG BOYS. 7YEAR POWERTRAIN WARRENTY.

WE LOVE THIS SUV BUT I AM CONSERNED ABOUT THE PLASTIC INTAKE AND VALVE COVERS ON THE ENGINE.REAR SEATS NEED TO FOLD DOWN FLAT!NEED LARGER SIDE MIRRIORS

Well designed Durango
By oilbidness

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the Molten Red Durango Limited with the Hemi. It is extremely well made and welld esigned. Very powerful engine, fun to drive. The fuel economy around town is about 13.5 mpg; on the highway it is 19-20 mpg. I have only one complaint. the front seats are too narrow and I get a cramp in my legs on long trips. (I'm 6'2" and only a little overweight) The seats need to be about two inches wider; there is plenty of room to do this. Other than that, the fit and finish is excellent; quality is much better than I expected. (this is my first Dodge)

The door remote can be programmed to automatically adjust the seat, the pedals, the mirrors, the temperature controls and even the radio buttons to my own settings when I unlock the doors. My wife's key remote will adjust automaticlly for her settings. Great idea.

Wider front seats, or adjustable bolsters. The ignition key should be separate from the door remote (not combined). It is huge and feels like I'm carrying a pocketknife with the blade open in my pocket.

good but bad on gas.
By kdl

2004 Dodge Durango ST 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

good truck but bad on gas ..about 14 mpg. i wouldnt get it if you had to commute a ong distance 1 hour or more a day..otherwise you will paying $80 a week or more. but drives handels nice.

interior is nice, engine is powerful. handels nice.

i would make the front windshield higher, give more equipment as standard equipment, running boards, rims instead of week covers, cargo bars, rack, offer the same engfine that is in the 300 with computer control cylenders to improve economy.

dodge durango big tee
By Big Tee

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

this auto ride like glass. It has great towing power. Ride like the old big cars.

power