2004 Dodge Durango ST Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2004 Durango Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Sort Reviews by

If you drive the HEMI first...
By Azulojas

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you drive the HEMI first... You will be absolutely MISERABLE with one of the smaller engines. If you want to save money, DON'T drive the HEMI! Interior is spacious and comfortable. Heated seats, DVD rear passenger entertainment system, 1 touch memory for pedal control, seat position, mirror positions, radio, and temp. control were adored by my wife. Fun to drive, good looking, TONS of features. We drove escalade, navigator, expedition, and DURANGO. Got ALL of the killer features in the Durango for about 10 to 15 THOUSAND less!! and by the way, did I tell you it has a 5.7 v8 HEMI!

Favorite Features

5.7 V8 HEMI engine which is getting about 16 mpg. (better than our previous Grand Caravan AWD SE EVERY creature comfort available on the market. DVD, Infinity sound, Wheel mount sound controls, the list goes on for pages.

Suggested Improvements

You HAVE to have the side steps. Ladies can not enter this vehicle in a dress otherwise. (acutally, they can, and it's fun to watch, but your spouse won't be laughing. Might as well just make this standard equipment.

04 Durango Hemi Engineering Problem
By Disalusioned

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Annoying droning sound on acceleration with new 5.71 L Hemi Durango Limited. Chrysler Engineering acknowleding problem considering other complaints but no scheduled fix available. Until fix is available I would purchase a different SUV.

Favorite Features

Ride/handling great and the body styling turns heads, however the mechanical sound problem with the vehicle overshadows these things.

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler is reporting the aforementioned problem is a noise resonation issue in the exhaust system, however this obviously has not been finally determined.

STILL SMILING
By BIG DADDY P

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nice solid vehicle, pleases the whole family. HEMI engine is out of this world I use to drive a 350 Nissan Z and with the HEMI power i don't miss it.

Favorite Features

HEMI engine and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

HARD TO IMPROVE ON PERFECTION.

I love it so far
By joelh

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove and took home for a trial a Tahoe and Avalanche. I also spent time testing a new Expedition. Then I stopped at the Dodge dealer. The new Durango was by far the best as far as steering, braking, acceleration, and design, both in and out. I purchase the limited 2wd. It also holds more cargo, and has a dvd. All for less than Tahoe or Expedition.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling, interior and exterior design

Suggested Improvements

None

2004 Hemi Durango
By Hemiman

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Having traded a 2001 Durango for this I see only improvements. The vehicle handles as if it is much smaller than it is and rides considerable better that it earlier verisons. With the Hemi it tows effortlessly, better than any vehicle I have driven. When not towing, from quick starts to high speed passing this vehicle pulls hard and accelerates more better than any other SUV I have been in. As far as cargo space is concerned, it is enormous. You can't miss with this vehicle as long as you have a gas credit card (preferable with rewards for heavy use).

Favorite Features

1.) Hemi 2.) Great headlights 3.) Interior room and more comfortable seats 4.) Quite

Suggested Improvements

1.) Stupid mini van dash 2.) Very large "A" (windshield) pillars obstruct view 3.) Loss of separate drive passanger heat controls 4.) 27 gallons of gas is not enough

what a beautiful detroit made vehicle!
By big walt

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

this suv is a terrific vehicle. it is a vastly improved design over the old durango. the handling, the engineering, the interior are all extraordinary. i could not be more pleased with my purchase.

Favorite Features

the handling, the ride, and the room.

Suggested Improvements

heated mirrors should be standard on the slt model.

Great Ride
By bjones

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nice physical design inside and out. Dodge is leading the pack once again. It is the only company that made significant changes to the 04 SUV's. It's larger than the older Durnago model, but smaller than the larger Tahoe's and Denali's. Not to mention about 5-10k less... with leather and a 6 CD/MP3 changer.

Suggested Improvements

more comfy seats

I Love my 2004 Durango 4x4
By kaleigh

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I cannot say enough good about my durango! It handles like a car, has a decent quiet ride. The gas mileage doesn't bother me, I was driving an old 4x4 jeep, and itwas the same! The vehicle is heavy enough that I feel safe, there is plenty of room and I sit high enough that I can see what's going on all around me. And, the entire staff where I bought it are great!

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the standard driver seat electronic positioning, the ride and the response.

Suggested Improvements

Standard side curtain airbags

not a van type of guy
By Zevner

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

as single dad raising seven kids by myself ive found a new luv with my durango it fits us all, it isnt as big and bulky as most suv's and isnt as expensive either

Favorite Features

i luv my 4 wheel drive, my parents live in snow country and last tyme we went we got stuck i doubt this will happen when i go with my durango

Suggested Improvements

more market availability

the best
By Dave oocp

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car is great. It look way better then the old body style. Thes is a great car!!