Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Its Ok
By J Durango

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have eth hemi, and it has plenty of power. But after 5K miles, the dealer still can't find annoying front end vibration and pull. It pulls my boat likeits not back there, very good ride aside from front end vibration

Hemi power, strong towing ability, unique looks

On mine at least..find the front end vibration. Change the overhead computer to the more appealing Jeep version. Improve gas milage in Hemi with the variable operating cylinder technology available in other DCM cars with the Hemi.

Still in Awe
By lrgus

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

To pull the camper and better handle the WI winters, I switched from Gr Caravan to Durango. Great decision. HEMI power unbelievable and the ride is a dream. Seats are soooo comfortable! Hwy mileage better than I expected - averaged over 20 mpg on long trip (no towing), but get appx 15 in town. Comfortable and easy to maneuver - too easy to speed! Split 3rd row allows room for gear. Not as much storage space as the minivan, but I'd trade it all for the feel of the SUV. Haven't gotten to winter yet, but am sure the 4WD, traction control, and heated seats will be wonderful. Bring it on!

HEMI engine, 6 disc CD changer, heated seats, power sunroof.

Could use more storage space, compartments. Dual zone temp control would be nice. Running boards and mud guards should be standard. Front cupholders could be bigger for mugs with handles.

I Love this truck
By chipollajewelers

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the smoothest riding truck you will ever drive. Feels like you are floating. Excellent cargo space, drivers seat is high up so you can see everything. Love the new design (Which I did not like at first, you grow to love it quick). Strong V8 engine. Fuel effeciency seems a little low. Its a beast of a truck.

Stong V8, Great Ride and Suspension

Seat comfort and rear visibility

LOVE MY DURANGO
By KENNY N

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and I love it. Sorry I waited so long to buy one. It handles great and my wife loves it. The ride is so smooth and the engine (HEMI) is so responsive. It is so quick I have to be careful not to accelerate to fast. When I first drove it it scared me!! What a great SUV! I cannot say enough about it and everybody loves the way it looks. I almost bought a RAM 1500 Laramie. Boy am I glad I bought the Durango.

The HEMI engine and the Sirius satellite radio.

It should have a remote gas filler release.

DURANGO FEVER
By FICA

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

MY WIFE AND I TRADED A 2000 DURANGO ON A NEW 2004 DURANGO. WHAT A DIFFERENCE 4 YEARS OF ENGINEERING CAN MAKE! THE DRIVER AND PASSENGER SEATS HAVE THE BEST HEADRESTS ON THE MARKET.SECOND ROW SEATS RECLINE FOR THOSE LONG TRIPS.THIRD ROW IS STILL COMFORTABLE FOR MOST ADULTS.THE 8 SPEAKER SUROUND SOUND SYSTEM IS AWSOME! AND IF YOU HAVE KIDS YOU MUST HAVE THE OVERHEAD DVD PLAYER WITH THE WIRELESS HEADSETS.YOU WILL NEVER HERE "ARE WE THERE YET" AGAIN! YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!

LEATHER SEATS,DVD PLAYER,NEW KEYLESS ENTRY AND IGNITION KEY ALL IN ONE.17" RIMS LETS YOU RIDE WITH THE BIG BOYS. 7YEAR POWERTRAIN WARRENTY.

WE LOVE THIS SUV BUT I AM CONSERNED ABOUT THE PLASTIC INTAKE AND VALVE COVERS ON THE ENGINE.REAR SEATS NEED TO FOLD DOWN FLAT!NEED LARGER SIDE MIRRIORS

• SUV