Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Tried and True
By TRowe

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If like me, you own/owned the well- known Durango body style,the new ones take some getting used to. Once you get over the new body style, you'll be happy with the modifications...notwithstanding the MPG. I found the new model is better overall: good interior design, easy handling, great ride (you float) and fantastic sound system! I'm only 5'3" and love being able to look down at people on the road! Like the longer wheel-base. Watch your speed, if it feels like 40, you're probably doing 60. Although I was initially reluctant, I'm happy I stayed with the Durango. Thanks Anthony Ester at Covington Pike Dodge, you're an asset! Before you rule the Durango out, take the test drive

Favorite Features

It looks more polished and I love way it handles. It's like driving a luxury car, it's so SMOOTH. While the horsepower seems a little weaker going uphill, this Durango can handle sharp turns, my 2002 couldn't. The stereo system is fantastic! I got the basic SLT (no HEMI) and am really happy with it.

Suggested Improvements

My greatest disappointment was that Chrysler stripped down to 2004 SXT model to bare bones. I HAD to get the SLT just keep the amenities I was used to. Jeep Liberty rear lights no good for Durangos, should've used Pacifica lights. Hate the long mini-van like dashboard! Give SLT no 3rd row option.

so far so good.
By newamericanmade

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our first american made car, it took us a lot of couurage to make this decision, it came down to the price, and we could not get anything that size for the price.

Favorite Features

Tow

Suggested Improvements

Gas

Its Ok
By J Durango

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have eth hemi, and it has plenty of power. But after 5K miles, the dealer still can't find annoying front end vibration and pull. It pulls my boat likeits not back there, very good ride aside from front end vibration

Favorite Features

Hemi power, strong towing ability, unique looks

Suggested Improvements

On mine at least..find the front end vibration. Change the overhead computer to the more appealing Jeep version. Improve gas milage in Hemi with the variable operating cylinder technology available in other DCM cars with the Hemi.

Still in Awe
By lrgus

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

To pull the camper and better handle the WI winters, I switched from Gr Caravan to Durango. Great decision. HEMI power unbelievable and the ride is a dream. Seats are soooo comfortable! Hwy mileage better than I expected - averaged over 20 mpg on long trip (no towing), but get appx 15 in town. Comfortable and easy to maneuver - too easy to speed! Split 3rd row allows room for gear. Not as much storage space as the minivan, but I'd trade it all for the feel of the SUV. Haven't gotten to winter yet, but am sure the 4WD, traction control, and heated seats will be wonderful. Bring it on!

Favorite Features

HEMI engine, 6 disc CD changer, heated seats, power sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more storage space, compartments. Dual zone temp control would be nice. Running boards and mud guards should be standard. Front cupholders could be bigger for mugs with handles.

I Love this truck
By chipollajewelers

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the smoothest riding truck you will ever drive. Feels like you are floating. Excellent cargo space, drivers seat is high up so you can see everything. Love the new design (Which I did not like at first, you grow to love it quick). Strong V8 engine. Fuel effeciency seems a little low. Its a beast of a truck.

Favorite Features

Stong V8, Great Ride and Suspension

Suggested Improvements

Seat comfort and rear visibility