2004 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
THROWN ROD!
By inhawaii on 05/25/13 20:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 5.7 Hemi with under 80,000 miles. I am the original owner. Car has been well maintained. Oil changes every 3000 miles. Never had any overheating problems. This vehicle has served me well for the past 9 years until about a month ago. Without warning, while going down the freeway, it made a terrible noise. I knew it was something major. The oil light came on. There was a bunch of smoke. I shut the engine off and pulled off the freeway. I could see oil dripping from the engine. After having to towed, i learned there was a hole in the engine block from a thrown rod. After doing some research on the web, i found 100s if not 1000s of cases just like mine.

I would've never thought
By Mrs. P on 01/22/10 07:37 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the Chevy Tahoe and the GMC. I decided to step outside the box and ended up falling in love with this vehicle. I has all the luxuries for a better price.

Even great as a resale!
By rg on 03/18/07 21:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV about 9 months ago. I love it! It still looks and drives like it is brand new! Friends don't believe it is 3 years old. I drove an Explorer for 10 years and have been very happy with the switch.

Hate the blind spots
By E Miller on 05/02/06 19:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought an '04 new w/ Hemi and for the most part love it. Engine is great, options are great, but be warned... the blind spots are large. What is really bad are the ones created by the front pillars. Use caution when turning corners, you will not be able to see. Nothing worse than having to lean forward when you make a left hand turn just so you can see. Like it but won't buy another.

Weather king
By mmmggg on 12/01/05 17:03 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

There is almost nothing not to like about this vehicle-performance is outstanding with the 5.7 hemi. In bad weather, this car is a dream: heat is excellent, including the seats, handling is stable, snow drifts are no problem. The controls are simple, including the steering wheel radio buttons. Visibility is excellent. A month after purchase I had a head-on collision with a huge deer at seventy mph, the front end got crushed, but I simply braked and got out.

Recommend Buying
By Will on 07/09/05 06:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 Durango, which I was very pleased with, after test driving the 2004. Dodge has dramatically improved the ride quality, handling and braking. Although it may appear insignificant to some, entry into the third row seat is much easier. On my first camping trip, fully loaded with gear and 4 passengers, I averaged over 20 miles per gallon at a steady 74mph. Not bad for a vehicle of this size. City mileage is consistent with EPA estimates. Since it's new, it's hard to gauge reliablity. I rated it high as I did not stick a cent into the 2000 vehicle that was worked hard.

Pleasure Vehicle
By Luckydawg on 12/15/04 16:59 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I couldn't be more pleased with the Durango LTD 2WD, unless one could figure how to squeeze a few more MPGs out of it. It rides like a dream on the road. The Hemi gives it extreme power. The infinity sound system is awesome. I also love the roominess & it's a great tailgating vehicle.

Really Unfortunate
By BOPer on 12/15/04 05:09 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I had to buy a big SUV. We needed the size and safety for our 2 girls. We chose the 2004 Durango for the power, comfort, style and the $3,500.00 rebate. Our Durango was the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. Well, as luck would have it, one day a passenger noticed air coming through the door jam of the left rear door. A few days later, my wife felt the Durango try to drive away while she was stopped at a red light. Our new SUV was in the shop 6 times within 3 months for the same air conditioning problems . To sum it up: I successfully hired a lawyer to get all my money back under the California Lemon Law.

Durango Limited Hemi is a GREAT SUV!!!
By D-MAN on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife says I have an obessive compulsive disorder when it comes to shopping for new vehicles, but she had to admit it paid off this time! We both hate minivans but she is intimidated by HUGE SUV's. We drove Tahoes,Yukons,Expo's ect...and nothing seemed to work. Then we came across the Durango, right size, right price, and a HEMI!!! Driving it confirmed this was the vehicle for us! We've had it for a month now and it just gets better and better. The Hemi is getting 18MPG on the highway and the ride is awesome! I'm convinced this thing rides better than a Navigator! Did I mention the Hemi, the thing will spin the tires till the traction control kicks in. Tow's my 6000lb boat like nothing!

I liked it so much I sold the Benz
By ustbond on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My CLK 430 was in for service and the dealer gave me an 04 Durango loaner. As a car snob was I mad I could not get a Benz, but after about 10 minutes I really liked it, and it didn't even have a Hemi! After having it all weekend, I found it to be one of the best cars/SUV's I have ever driven. Two weeks later, I traded the Benz in on an 04 Limited (I did have to get the Hemi), and have loved it ever since. Before I bought it, I did test drive all the others, and they could not even come close to this car. The Hemi is a must, but don't test drive a Hemi with plans of getting the smaller engine, because you won't. Ride is great, POWER is the best and comfort could not be better.