Used 2004 Dodge Durango Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Owner of a 2004 Dodge Durango SLT 5.7 Hemi
By durango_owner

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a former Marine that purchased my durango brand new on September 1st 2004, with only 18 miles. It has been a truly excellent ride for nearly 10 years. I have put over 227800 miles on this truck, the only thing The first major repair is when I replaced the EGR valve which was three years ago. Didn't do schedule maintenance on time, may have went an additional 2000 miles before changing the oil, transmission fluid. etc. Now after 10 years I was told that my transmission needed to be replaced, I have read all the complaints others have experienced But I only will purchase American cars except Fords. I won't be buying a Dodge Durango SUV do to the change in body style it's too femin

It feels like a sports car underneath the heavy exterior with the 5.7 Hemi V8 engine It has the get up and GO excellent sound system still after 10 years

Gas Mileage 25 city / 28 highway Dual Roof Third row seat 50 / 50 Navigation front and rear camera better six cd system multi USB ports 120 V AC power outlet to charge laptop, cell phones etc

THROWN ROD!
By inhawaii

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 5.7 Hemi with under 80,000 miles. I am the original owner. Car has been well maintained. Oil changes every 3000 miles. Never had any overheating problems. This vehicle has served me well for the past 9 years until about a month ago. Without warning, while going down the freeway, it made a terrible noise. I knew it was something major. The oil light came on. There was a bunch of smoke. I shut the engine off and pulled off the freeway. I could see oil dripping from the engine. After having to towed, i learned there was a hole in the engine block from a thrown rod. After doing some research on the web, i found 100s if not 1000s of cases just like mine.

I would've never thought
By Mrs. P

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the Chevy Tahoe and the GMC. I decided to step outside the box and ended up falling in love with this vehicle. I has all the luxuries for a better price.

All of the features are my best. I love this vehicle.

Rear airbags and dual a/c

Even great as a resale!
By rg

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV about 9 months ago. I love it! It still looks and drives like it is brand new! Friends don't believe it is 3 years old. I drove an Explorer for 10 years and have been very happy with the switch.

The drive is smooth, great power, lots of room interior.

Had to get used to the over sized dash board. Seems like the glove compartment could have been bigger. (The owners manual barely fits in there!) Other than that, it's awesome.

Hate the blind spots
By E Miller

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought an '04 new w/ Hemi and for the most part love it. Engine is great, options are great, but be warned... the blind spots are large. What is really bad are the ones created by the front pillars. Use caution when turning corners, you will not be able to see. Nothing worse than having to lean forward when you make a left hand turn just so you can see. Like it but won't buy another.

Hemi, upgraded sound system

Fix the blind spots, make the seats more comfortable, traction control does not work well at all (I have a 2wd).