Used 2004 Dodge Durango SLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

By Katrina

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Durango in 2005. I now have 81,000 miles and I haven't had any major problems. I've only replaced the battery and brakes. I drive 50 miles each day and I love the smooth ride and reliability. The Infinity sound system is impressive! I can seat 7 people comfortably. The only negative thing is the poor gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Infinity sound system and comfort.

Love my Durango
By durango mom

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Durango new with only 4 miles on it and have loved every mile I have ever driven it. I have boys who are in athletics and I carry bags of baseball gear and football gear year round to games and tournaments all over the Northwest. My Durango is spacious, seats move up and down easy, and is very easy to drive. I'm teaching my 15-year-old to drive and he loves the Durango compared to other cars he has tried to drive because of its ease in turning, ability to see well from all angles, and height off the ground. I would definitely buy another Durango.

Favorite Features

Love the way the seats in the back fold up and down.

2004 Durango 5.7/V-8 HEMI
By Desert Raven

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We love the third row seating, the one feature we miss since we traded in our 04 Pilot on our Ridgeline. So last September we traded our Neon in on the Durango. I had gone to look at Pilots (better MPG) but the best deal I could find was the Durango. Since our purchase, we have averaged 19.0 MPG, driving all over Southern California. We take our Durango everywhere.

Favorite Features

Third row seats, DVD Player. 6-Disc Changer (MP3), seats falling apart, to be expected for a used vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

All SUVs and trucks should come with a tow package. Better MPG.

Good SUV overall
By Tina

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our SLT new and I love it to this day! It drives like a sedan, the sound system is great, hemi is very powerful. Sometimes it seems to get confused with the gear switch but no mayor issue. I didn't have any issues with that but the hubby did. It did have one major issue with some computer panel. The engine stalled in the middle of drive a couple of times and another time it lost power and started to drive bumpy while a bunch of dashboard lights came on. Of course that happened right after the warranty ran out. Lately we've had a clicking sound in the motor (not always) that turns off after a while. I hope it's not a new trend with all the little fix it's. It's only got 50,000 miles

Favorite Features

fun to drive. perfect positionable driver's seat even for short people. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

reliable engine electronic panels and sensors.

great suv
By loneeagle

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great suv!!! Really worth your money. Fun to drive especially on the highway, acceleration is awesome

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the infinity audio system, power driver seat,and the fold down rear seats

Suggested Improvements

Add legroom in the back, add a fold out rear window, and increase size of third row seats