2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
By Katrina on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Durango in 2005. I now have 81,000 miles and I haven't had any major problems. I've only replaced the battery and brakes. I drive 50 miles each day and I love the smooth ride and reliability. The Infinity sound system is impressive! I can seat 7 people comfortably. The only negative thing is the poor gas mileage.

Love my Durango
By durango mom on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Durango new with only 4 miles on it and have loved every mile I have ever driven it. I have boys who are in athletics and I carry bags of baseball gear and football gear year round to games and tournaments all over the Northwest. My Durango is spacious, seats move up and down easy, and is very easy to drive. I'm teaching my 15-year-old to drive and he loves the Durango compared to other cars he has tried to drive because of its ease in turning, ability to see well from all angles, and height off the ground. I would definitely buy another Durango.

2004 Durango 5.7/V-8 HEMI
By Desert Raven on 06/25/10 10:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We love the third row seating, the one feature we miss since we traded in our 04 Pilot on our Ridgeline. So last September we traded our Neon in on the Durango. I had gone to look at Pilots (better MPG) but the best deal I could find was the Durango. Since our purchase, we have averaged 19.0 MPG, driving all over Southern California. We take our Durango everywhere.

Good SUV overall
By Tina on 04/25/10 16:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our SLT new and I love it to this day! It drives like a sedan, the sound system is great, hemi is very powerful. Sometimes it seems to get confused with the gear switch but no mayor issue. I didn't have any issues with that but the hubby did. It did have one major issue with some computer panel. The engine stalled in the middle of drive a couple of times and another time it lost power and started to drive bumpy while a bunch of dashboard lights came on. Of course that happened right after the warranty ran out. Lately we've had a clicking sound in the motor (not always) that turns off after a while. I hope it's not a new trend with all the little fix it's. It's only got 50,000 miles

great suv
By loneeagle on 05/10/08 20:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great suv!!! Really worth your money. Fun to drive especially on the highway, acceleration is awesome

Great SUV
By durango girl on 03/15/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 Durango and swore I'd never own one again, but after riding in the 2004 I changed my mind. There is plenty of room and it is a comfortable ride. I didn't get the hemi because I wanted better gas mileage. I haven't had any complaints about power and I've go 19 mpg on the highway. Mileage around town is usually 15 mpg.

Get extended warranty
By Heather on 10/19/07 11:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Hemi brand new. loved the drive, my son loved the DVD option, yet 500 miles after my warranty ran out major problems, all the dash lights, turn signals & gauges turn off when I turn blinkers on. Good thing its a lease & I will turn back over in few months because they say nothing is wrong with it!

It's been good to me so far
By Durango Driver on 05/29/07 15:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Though not perfect in any single category, this is a very good SUV. I have not had one single mechanical issue with this vehicle. I do all service work myself according to the book, which I am hoping will save money in the long haul. Performance with the 4.7L V8 is good, I occasionally tow a utility trailer with various loads and it still performs admirably. Long grades at 70 MPH fully loaded are no problem. Braking is excellent for a large SUV; both in feel and in braking distance. The bumpers fore and aft are thin plastic, not adequate. They are painted on the SLT and higher trim levels, which leads to very visible road rash from debris.

Awesome SUV
By trcaldwell on 01/16/07 20:18 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

When my family bought the new Dodge Durango we knew we made the right choice. The Hemi engine and the aggressive styling are definite pluses. The only area of concern for our family in downsizing was the passenger room. In our Durango we have the two-seater third row and it is the most spacious and comfortable third row that we have seen in comparing vehicles, moreso even than that of the Ford Expedition (2004), Chevrolet Tahoe, Nissan Armada, Toyota Sequoya, or even the Chevrolet Suburban. The only drawback that we came across was that when we pile six of us into the car for a road trip there is no room for our bags. So on every long trip we had to put a cargo carrier on the top and back.

2004 Dodge
By el-rivo on 01/15/06 01:57 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent choice, fun drive with plenty of room to spare. Great entertainment center for the kids on a long travel. Smooth handling and better traction with larger tire size. After market add on turns this vehicle into an eye catcher. Competitive with other luxury SUV's at a great price. Thanks Dodge.