Used 2004 Dodge Durango ST Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Surprisingly Reliable! Sporty and roomy
By kristinholmes

2004 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had not ever owned an American car (and I'm 48 years old) because I thought they were not reliable. so when we bought this one used with 37,000 miles from a dealership we also bought the biggest maintenance warranty available for $2500.00. Turned out the only repair ever needed in the last 3 years only cost about $360. It was for a broken motor mount and some kind of a gasket on the exhaust system. It has been very reliable and I would recommend it. Ours now has about $80,000 on it and still going strong.

Favorite Features

Versatile storage configuration and 7 seats. Back storage bin under floor board. tow package. Extra dc jacks

Suggested Improvements

The seats could be a little softer.

Durango
By Joe

2004 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Nice styling, comfortable seating. Large, with a good turning radius. V8, 239 cid has good power with 235 horsepower and a strong and smooth shifter. Nice metallic color offerred by Dodge. Caddys watch out, the Hemi's getting bigger every year. Quality craftsmanship with a long dealer warranty. These SUV's will be the best overall, if not already, soon.

Favorite Features

Styling, ride, size, color. Priced to buy.

Suggested Improvements

6.1 Hemi! And put the V10 in it too. A good option that should also be standard is hydraulics

I like this Durango
By avg

2004 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Hi, I just bought this vehicle yesterday. Driving it home, I find it to be very comfortable, smooth, and a quite ride. It's a base model, however, it comes standard with many features that you would normally have to pay extra for. It has a v6 but it seems to have plenty of power going up a hill.I bought this for my wife to replace a 95 Voager. I'm very happy with it and hoping that my wife will too. It's fun to drive. Is there a manufacturer rebate on this model? We were told that there weren't any.

Favorite Features

evrything.

Suggested Improvements

none.