Hands-down: This truck is a winner !
By bigdaddy61 on
2003 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)
I bought this truck new and the love affair I've had with it hasn't dimmed since. I wanted something that could haul a car trailer & my '67 Fury, as well as maneuver well in the snowy N.Eastern PA mountains in winter. This truck has surpassed every expectation I had. While the mpg. aren't great, it wasn't a factor since I commute by rail 5 days a week. When I travel to the mountains with my 150# dog, luggage, and 3 other people - this truck still gets it done. Comfortably. With 150K on the clock, I've only replaced a fuel pump. I love this truck so much, i can't bear to trade it in. I've promised it to my mechanic, who admires it as much as I do. Say what you want about Dodge, I LOVE mine.
Favorite Features
Leather seats get better with age, like an old pair of boots. Stoping on the accelerator with the 5.9 (360 cu.in.) motor STILL thrills me to death - and this 5,000 pound hauler still handles like a sports car. Some fit & finish issues are cropping up after 8 years, but I haven't loved a car this much, enough to keep it 8+ years, since the 80's. It's just a good, old, American Dodge truck.
Suggested Improvements
By now, i'm hoping Chrysler has figured out a way to eek out more respectable miles per gallon, and I surmise this was one of the reasons that the new (2011) Durango was based on the Grand Cherokee platform.