2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: Even better than the last one

2003 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

Even better than the last one
By postman on

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2000 Durango with 73000 miles and thought this would be a good time to trade it for a new vehicle because of all the insentives and low interest rates. I test drove the Jeep Grand Cherokee and was disappointed with it. The lack of room and power were the main dissapointments. I went back to my Dodge dealer and drove the 2003 Durango and fell in love with it. Don't get me wrong, I loved my 2000 Durango but the 2003 have been refined to perfection. The ride is so much smoother and the handling is much better. The comfort level is amazing, I feel like I'm driving a Lexus from the inside. I plan on keeping this baby for a long time.

The dual comfort zones are great and I love the heated leather seats. The 4.7 liter V-8 is perfect. I had a 5.9 in my 2000, what a gas hog, the 4.7 seems to have almost as much power and much better gas mileage.

I love everything about the 2003 Durango except that it seems a little low. Would love to see it raised up 2 more inches.