Used 2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Very Nice
By clc

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle based on its appearance and previous reviews about towing capacity and frame design. It has nice, aggressive lines. It handles well whether on or off road. Previous vehicle was Ford Explorer and wanted something with a larger engine for towing. Plenty of space for cargo inside as well.

Confident handling and great interior room in front and back seats. I really like the in-floor storage areas in the back. Has good power but struggles when towing,even light loads.

There has got to be a way to increase fuel economy in a small 8.--Biggest complaint. How does 5.2 get better mpg? As rugged as the Durango looks, it could use better ground clearance. It needs to sit higher. When cruise control is engaged the Durangos seems to strain and downshift unnecessarily.

Styling...
By Lou Stone

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I feel like a rich man driving this after years of driving Fords (Explorer Sport & Ranger)! Since I got it used, I pay less than I did on my Explorer and have a luxurious ride. It's a bear on gas unless you're on the highway, but thankfully, my commute is only 5 miles.

Leather. Steering wheel radio controls. Electronic seat adjustments. Auto-dimming rear-view mirror.

Itty bitty glove box.

By prmr

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

a very smooth ride w/plenty of power. 3rd seat easy to raise/lower. more interior room than it looks. not the best mileage but about expected for the power.

auto dimming rearview mirror, garage door option and v8.

main disappointment has been rear hatch. should be able to open glass for easy entry without having to open entire hatch.

I absolutely love the 'old' Durangos!
By myguysahottie

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my 2000 dodge Durango! I traded in a 1993 Ford Explorer for this Durango and wish I'd done it sooner!

The body style is HARD, It shouldn't be changed! I recently test drove a brand new Durango but turned doen the offer because we HATED it! The new ones look like mini-vans! Puke! I's buy a van if that;s what I wanted! I'll probably trade up for a new Trailblazer instead... Sorry!

Don't make it look like a van! Give the interior some personality! DUH! JUst take the 2000 model Durango, add a DVD player, & make it taller!

great except the gas
By Monti-man

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The 5.9 V-8 is awesome! All the power you need and then some. But remember, each time the pedal hits the floor, that'll cost you a few bucks on gas for that split second. 3rd row seat is easy to fold and for adults under 6 feet tall, not THAT bad.

5.9 v 8 power is strong. Looks great on the road. Not too big, not too small. Turning radius is better than my wife's compact import.

Gas milage, offer more exterior colors and rim option. Chrome looks reat with the black. Rear window opening and moon roof.