2003 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Last one
By Durango 1 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the wrost SUV's I have ever owned. This will be my last Dodge after 30 of Dodges. After renting a both Ford and Chevy SUV's for both road and off road, the Dodge does not compare in quailty. Enginee Problems (I use Mobil 1) bad handeling in the wind and I'm lucky to get 15 - 20 up mountain interstate. 18 wheelers pass me. The dealers have no idea of what the problem is. This is my 2nd and my last bad Dodge.

almost perfect
By Bassman on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

awsome to drive,turning rato is great. very roomy and the seats are comfortable, all radio and instrument switches are easy to get at.

RIDES AS GOOD AS OUR LEXUS DID
By JDCAR on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

THIS HAS BEEN A REAL TREAT. WE LOVE THIS VEHICLE! IT RIDES AS GOOD AS OUR LEXUS. WE GOT RID OF OUR RODEO (good suv),I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE QUALITY OF THIS SUV. I HAVE BEEN IN THE CAR BUSINESS FOR 25 YEARS AND RECENTLY RETIRED BECAUSE OF HEALTH REASONS. I FIND IT VERY EASY FOR ME TO GET IN AND OUT OF. AND PLENTY OF STORAGE FOR MY WHEELCHAIR.

Run... Don't get one!
By andiz on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased on May 6, 2003... I did enjoy it for the 1st 5 weeks.. However, at 4200 miles it had an engine change rather than an oil change ... intermittant loss of power and problems with the transmission sliping, and multiple other problems with 2nd engine... did the obligatory oil change at 7200 (3400)miles... But then at 13000 miles the vehicle needed another engine. Dealer said "not their problem", call Chrysler... Chrysler refused to deal with the issue saying "Call the Dealer"

Great vehicle
By mart328 on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for less than a week, but so far I absolutely love it. It is a very smooth ride, and living in pothole ridden NYC that is very important. It handles the road very well.

I hate it!!!
By Ryne on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 Durango due to high mileage, which to me rode like a Cadillac, and purchased the 2003 model. After 3 months we are looking at trading this one in. This one rides like a truck, the interior seems so much smaller and compact. You are now butting elbows with your passenger. I always said I would always drive a Durango, but now I think we will be looking at other SUV's.

Excellent
By Katiescar on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Everytime I see another Durango on the street I realize how happy I am with my purchase. The look is great and the ride is perfect. Very comfortable, fits like a glove and has plenty of room.

Excellent Suv
By Reroe on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

I have the Durango 5.9 R/T. It's beyond everything I expected it to be. Dodge has really came through by producing a Suv, that is "just right". This baby packs enough power to easily pull 7,000 pounds, and yet it seems that the big hefty engine is still asking for more. It's also a sharp looking ride. I get compliments on this thing quite often, and I have not yet added anything to it, nor have I made any modifications. It's all stock. Now that says a lot. Now I am really praising Dodge for their new redesigned 2004 Durango. It's 7inches longer, 4inches taller, and three inches wider than the ones that are out now. Great job Dodge, keep up the good work!!

Excellent Value
By byron Todd on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful Color. Fun to Drive!!

Poor Quality & Reliability
By GKS on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

Within the first 2,000 miles, the Durango has been returned to the dealer for warranty repairs to the a/c system, transmission, rear differential, weatherstrips, and seat cover material. The Durango SLT with the 5.9 engine was built very poorly and has very poor quality and reliability. I have no confidence in the vehicle's long-term reliability or dependability.