Used 2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Big suprise
By Mike

2003 Dodge Durango Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well, I must say that I have been pleasantley suprised with this vehicle. I have owned an Explorer and this Durango beats it hands down in every way! People are always quick to bad mouth Dodge but it has been my experience that vehicles take care of you when you take care of them...regular maintenance is key. This Durango is very comfortable and driving it around is fun. Great for long trips and also around town. Feels very solid and heavy. After driving this I could never go back to an Explorer, too small, too boring, and I had way too many problems with my FORD. If you are considering buying this vehicle, dont hesitate....trust me!!!

comfortable ride, feels safe, great styling features compared to others in class

rear glass should open

hot ride
By lessy

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive and does really good off t he road. It gets great gas mileage for being an suv and is one of the most comfortable riding cars I have ever ridden in. It has a lot of room but still is not too big to go places.

Hits the mark.
By Bruce

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traditionally a gm owner, I bought my 03 Durango from a family friend because the price was right and it had 3 rows of seating for my growing family. Surprisingly, it gets the same fuel mileage as the rear drive Buick it replaced. In the year I have driven it I have repaired nothing and am very pleased. It does everything I want very well and makes no excuses for being a truck. A bit of a rough ride in the city, but great on the highway. With the great style and capability, I like this truck more than when I bought it. With winters in southern ontario getting more and more wild, the 4wd is great fun. I have started out in snow drifts up to the front grill with ease.

amazing load weight capacity, 4wd with limited slip and 2 speed transfer case, leather interior with 3 rows of seating, sweetest sounding v8 I have ever owned

Split 3rd row seat back, manual transmission for increased fuel mileage

Awsome
By roger

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my Durango in March 07. It only had 49000 miles, it now has 64000 miles. good power and reliability, i drove from MD to PA on several occasions the ride was very comfortable. drove cross country from MD to KS towing a nissan PU and the towing and power were excellent. the best SUV i have driven. better then the ford and chevy lines. the MPG is something to be disered about 12.5 to 13 miles to gallon, but i knew this when i bought it. the body still is tough looking but also classy. best SUV out there.

body still, interior styling, ride and comfort

better MPG, sunroof, opening back glass without opening entire hatch and more preformance options for the 4.7.

Tested and Proven
By Alex

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Durango new and have owned it for over 6 years now. I had to do nothing more than routine maintenance since ownership. This vehicle is very sound and dependable. I have over 69,000 miles on it and just replaced the tires for the first time and only because a road hazzard trashed one of my tires beyond repair. I had enough tread left for at least another 10,000 miles. I wish I got better than the 15 mpg but it is a heavy suv. The interior has held up well along with the exterior paint. I plan to keep it for another 5 years and hope it takes as good care of me as it already has.

The style, durability, comfort, towing capability and all around soundness are best features.

If gas mileage was at least 20 mpg this would be an ausome suv.