2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: 2003 Durango slt 4.7

2003 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

2003 Durango slt 4.7
By gasguzzlr on

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our Durango new in 2003. It had a couple of issues which were covered under warranty.The exhaust manifold was leaking due to 3 broken bolts.Also,the a/c unit had a few issues. Since then it has been a very capable and reliable vehicle.We have the required maintenance done at the proper intervals and haven't had any issues since warranty expired. I recently got an enclosed trailer to haul 2 snowmobiles.I am pleasantly surprised at how well it tows the trailer. We live in Utah,and towing sleds requires going up hills(mountains). On grades over 6%,I have to put it in 2nd,but it still maintains 40 mph no problem. Overall,we are happy with this vehicle.

Styling.I think this is one of the best looking suv"s ever made. Towing capacity is great.Very reliable too. Paint quality is excellent as well. No rattles,even after 10 years of ownership. Still on origional exhaust system.

Of course the gas mileage sucks,but we all knew that going in.