2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: 2003 Dodge Durango--First 1000

2003 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Review

2003 Dodge Durango--First 1000 miles
By HBMzzz on

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This Durango XST is my first SUV and followed driving a Toyota Avalon for the last three years. So far, I'm delighted with the car. It handles well, is quiet, and fun to drive. On our first distance trip, I drove for about 200 miles without stopping or getting out of the car; my ability to ambulate upon getting out was better than I've had with other vehicles. The transmission has performed very smoothly shifting down and up with scarcely noticeable change except on the tachometer. The instrument panel seems well laid out and is easy to understand. Exterior styling with the wheel well shields and running board are very pleasing.

Although we haven't yet seated the full three-seat complement of seven persons, I think that the design for accessing all seats is creative and well done and the procedure for laying down seats for maximum hauling capability is very good.

A piece of side molding to prevent nicks from other cars doors would be a desirable improvement. It would also be nice to have a second trip odometer.