2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews 2

2003 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Big suprise
By Mike on 10/19/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well, I must say that I have been pleasantley suprised with this vehicle. I have owned an Explorer and this Durango beats it hands down in every way! People are always quick to bad mouth Dodge but it has been my experience that vehicles take care of you when you take care of them...regular maintenance is key. This Durango is very comfortable and driving it around is fun. Great for long trips and also around town. Feels very solid and heavy. After driving this I could never go back to an Explorer, too small, too boring, and I had way too many problems with my FORD. If you are considering buying this vehicle, dont hesitate....trust me!!!

hot ride
By lessy on 08/10/09 14:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive and does really good off t he road. It gets great gas mileage for being an suv and is one of the most comfortable riding cars I have ever ridden in. It has a lot of room but still is not too big to go places.

Hits the mark.
By Bruce on 08/10/09 09:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traditionally a gm owner, I bought my 03 Durango from a family friend because the price was right and it had 3 rows of seating for my growing family. Surprisingly, it gets the same fuel mileage as the rear drive Buick it replaced. In the year I have driven it I have repaired nothing and am very pleased. It does everything I want very well and makes no excuses for being a truck. A bit of a rough ride in the city, but great on the highway. With the great style and capability, I like this truck more than when I bought it. With winters in southern ontario getting more and more wild, the 4wd is great fun. I have started out in snow drifts up to the front grill with ease.

Awsome
By roger on 07/15/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my Durango in March 07. It only had 49000 miles, it now has 64000 miles. good power and reliability, i drove from MD to PA on several occasions the ride was very comfortable. drove cross country from MD to KS towing a nissan PU and the towing and power were excellent. the best SUV i have driven. better then the ford and chevy lines. the MPG is something to be disered about 12.5 to 13 miles to gallon, but i knew this when i bought it. the body still is tough looking but also classy. best SUV out there.

Tested and Proven
By Alex on 03/08/09 07:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Durango new and have owned it for over 6 years now. I had to do nothing more than routine maintenance since ownership. This vehicle is very sound and dependable. I have over 69,000 miles on it and just replaced the tires for the first time and only because a road hazzard trashed one of my tires beyond repair. I had enough tread left for at least another 10,000 miles. I wish I got better than the 15 mpg but it is a heavy suv. The interior has held up well along with the exterior paint. I plan to keep it for another 5 years and hope it takes as good care of me as it already has.

Right Sized SUV
By Rob on 01/13/09 10:45 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have enjoyed this vehicle immensely. It is comfortable, tows heavy loads with ease, great for long trips with wife and kids, and for short trips with the added in-laws (3rd row). Manageable gas mileage from the 4.7L V8 - 16-17 around town and 18-19 on the highway. Bought used and driven over 50000 miles and planning to double that. Only one problem to note - blower motor resistor bank - which I easily replaced.

Sleeper
By moparman on 11/06/08 16:48 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Durango. It's fast, looks good, very easy to drive (once you have owned it for about a week). Lots of power, great AWD system. Has everything but a sunroof.

Saved my life
By rebadeba on 10/18/08 23:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've been from Montana to Michigan 2 round trips alone (female) and didn't feel the highway gas mileage was bad at all. I'm used to driving in snow all my life & a week ago completely totaled my Durango on a very icy bridge (many people have wrecked on this dangerous long, narrow bridge, my stupidity). I thought I was going to go over the railing into the Yellowstone River that night! The Durango slammed from side to side, spun around several times & slammed over & over. I walked away without a scratch on me! The tow truck driver said that I was lucky I was driving a Durango (didn't flip) they are tough! I will go get another. it's worth the safety & never needed repairs 70,000 miles!

Good but not great
By Durango Don on 10/13/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I used to own a Subaru WRX but when my wife became pregnant I decided I needed something a little bigger. We had looked at a Grand Cherokee we liked but I decided to purchase the Durango. I enjoy owning the Durango but there are so many small things that always catch my attention. Minor noises when I start the engine, the way it idles, the way it accelerates sometimes, etc. I am always afraid something is breaking. I am probably just paranoid because so far I have had to take it to the dealer every month to have something fixed. I think my best purchase may have been the warranty.

It's the best vehicle
By Christopher Harringt on 06/24/08 17:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

and a pleasure driving. The performance and power are great. However it uses too much fuel.