Used 2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Great vehicle
By mart328

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for less than a week, but so far I absolutely love it. It is a very smooth ride, and living in pothole ridden NYC that is very important. It handles the road very well.

My favorite feature is in the radio. While listening to regular fm stations the display, displays the name of the station and the title of the current song and the artist. COOL! Even my 1996 Mercedes Benz didnt do that.

The newly designed 2004 body style is too bulky and almost up ther with the larger Expedition and Suburban type SUV's. For that reason I went with a 2003 instead of the all new 2004.

I hate it!!!
By Ryne

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 Durango due to high mileage, which to me rode like a Cadillac, and purchased the 2003 model. After 3 months we are looking at trading this one in. This one rides like a truck, the interior seems so much smaller and compact. You are now butting elbows with your passenger. I always said I would always drive a Durango, but now I think we will be looking at other SUV's.

My favorite feature about the Durango is the exterior body. I still love it.

I realize that the 2004 Durangos are now larger inside, however the exterior is no longer appealing to me. The front end reminds me of a truck. I guess its time to move on. Sorry Dodge!!!

Excellent
By Katiescar

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Everytime I see another Durango on the street I realize how happy I am with my purchase. The look is great and the ride is perfect. Very comfortable, fits like a glove and has plenty of room.

Heated seats, rear air/heat control. Fold down third row seating. Auto rearview mirror dimmer for the cars behind you at night.

I somethimes wish the back door windows didn't come down all the way. I have a child so and he hasn't found that bottom yet since he'sin a car seat but when he does that may be trouble.

Excellent Suv
By Reroe

2003 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

I have the Durango 5.9 R/T. It's beyond everything I expected it to be. Dodge has really came through by producing a Suv, that is "just right". This baby packs enough power to easily pull 7,000 pounds, and yet it seems that the big hefty engine is still asking for more. It's also a sharp looking ride. I get compliments on this thing quite often, and I have not yet added anything to it, nor have I made any modifications. It's all stock. Now that says a lot. Now I am really praising Dodge for their new redesigned 2004 Durango. It's 7inches longer, 4inches taller, and three inches wider than the ones that are out now. Great job Dodge, keep up the good work!!

Power everything! Two-toned leather seats. Comfortable to drive, and good looking.

Third seat comfort, fuel consumption, and somewhat "stiff ride" on rough pavements.

Excellent Value
By byron Todd

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful Color. Fun to Drive!!

Outstanding towing capability.