2003 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
True Love from Day 1
By rwood541 on 05/21/13 18:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our Durango new as the 1st replacement for our minivan era as our oldest began high school. It has faithfully, stylishly, comfortably moved 2 kids across country to college and I don't want another car. I wish it would last forever. I love it! Solid, dependable, built to keep a family safe and on the move! And nothing more than normal maintanance...and one water pump! 152,411 miles and still runs like day one! And I swear the mileage is improving...it would have to!

Good, but not great
By Derden on 09/05/05 23:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If I had to buy a vehicle over again, this would not be the one, even if gas prices were not so high. It was a good vehicle, but only for the first couple of weeks I had it. I spend an averge of $600 dollars a month on a vehicle that I don't care about.

great except the gas
By Monti-man on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The 5.9 V-8 is awesome! All the power you need and then some. But remember, each time the pedal hits the floor, that'll cost you a few bucks on gas for that split second. 3rd row seat is easy to fold and for adults under 6 feet tall, not THAT bad.

A great SUV
By grit on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Durango in late 2003 used, with only 7000 miles from CarMax. Very reliable, great power with a 5.7 Liter V-8 engine. Good fuel economy for a V- 8 (about 15 mpg). Great pickup and third row seat that folds into floor is a great feature. I like its style better than the new 2004. Interior design is also wonderful.

Soccer mom Durango
By falconbrother on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This 2WD version of the Durango comes with a very powerful V8. I love the power. I find that I'm getting 14.8mpg on the interstate. That's not great. Otherwise this is a very comfortable vehicle. The leather seats are very nice.

I hate it!!!
By Ryne on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 Durango due to high mileage, which to me rode like a Cadillac, and purchased the 2003 model. After 3 months we are looking at trading this one in. This one rides like a truck, the interior seems so much smaller and compact. You are now butting elbows with your passenger. I always said I would always drive a Durango, but now I think we will be looking at other SUV's.

love but need better gas
By scuzzin26 on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

love the truck .needs better fuel economy.

Plesantly surprised
By Roozster on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I never thought I'd own a dodge but after driving it at the dealership and the GREAT rebates they were offering it put the Explorer to shame between options and price!

Durango
By Reni on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle, but the mileage could use some work.

nice ride
By bubba dale on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

meets my needs has great power i wish it had better gas milage. but over all it is a great ride