Used 2003 Dodge Durango Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Big suprise
By Mike

2003 Dodge Durango SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well, I must say that I have been pleasantley suprised with this vehicle. I have owned an Explorer and this Durango beats it hands down in every way! People are always quick to bad mouth Dodge but it has been my experience that vehicles take care of you when you take care of them...regular maintenance is key. This Durango is very comfortable and driving it around is fun. Great for long trips and also around town. Feels very solid and heavy. After driving this I could never go back to an Explorer, too small, too boring, and I had way too many problems with my FORD. If you are considering buying this vehicle, dont hesitate....trust me!!!

Favorite Features

comfortable ride, feels safe, great styling features compared to others in class

Suggested Improvements

rear glass should open

Durango Bob
By Butch

2003 Dodge Durango SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Dodge Durango was always one of my favorite SUVs. It was a vehicle that I coveted. It has turned out to be everything that I had imagioned it to be. Fun to drive, stable, comfortable and it didn?t hurt that I got a terrific deal. The 70,000 mile warranty is a real selling point. All I have to do is put gas in it! (So they said.) All this for $3,000 less than the sticker. As they say "Tax, title, warranty-out the door!"

What an SUV should be!
By MIGY

2003 Dodge Durango SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Powerful, fun to drive really roomy and has everything you should expect from an SUV. Wish gas mileage was better but you have to pay the price for power.

Favorite Features

Very roomy, great cupholders and comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

Best of Breed
By Hos

2003 Dodge Durango SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Plenty of room inside , loads of cargo space and comfortable for longer trips. Power is more than acceptable for our needs and driving is responsive. Road noise is audiable, but not a factor. Milage is acceptable for this class of vehicle, giving us the sticker rated 14mpg/City and 15.9/combined. We haven't yet made a long trip to determine true hwy. Cockpit is nice, controls easy to see and reach for the driver. The A/C seems a touch underated for city driving at slow speeds, but is great on the highway. The back seat (2 row arrangement) is comfortable for adult passengers. For the price, 21k financed, 2k down, it is the Best of Breed!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, comfort, style.

Suggested Improvements

Milage, A/C power, rear hatch exterior handle.