Used 2003 Dodge Durango SXT SUV Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Best of the best
By Russell Galloway

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 03 Durango is the best suv I have ever owned. I have owned 03 for Ford Escape poor mileage, oil leaks 3 alternators The list goes on and on. My Durango is the best car I have ever owned. In fact I want another one this time a 4 x4. All these reviews talk about bad gas mileage, I get 18 plus around town, if I turn off the AC I get in the low 20s. It is the best value for a used auto you can buy. My Escape was stolen which now was actually a blessing since I got my Durango. I haven't had this much fun driving with so much power ( 4.7 ) since my 1968 Camaro SS. The guy I bought it from purchased it from a buddy who had it sitting in a barn for a year. The lady that owned it didnt check the oil. Well after some partial rebuild this thing screams. I love this auto my only regret is I wish it was a 4x4 but I know with the correct tires and a lift kit you can go anywhere. I hope this helps you in your decision to purchase a Durango. One thing to to consider is the 03s are part of Mercedes partnership with Dodge

built like a Sherman tank
By daedmandave

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

i really do love my Durango. its survived a bad dealership trying to put it in the ground. its been rearended numerous times bulldozed a prius into oblivion and a few random deer into a sticky mess and the only damage its ever taken was a slight dent with a paint chip and a busted light. the engine is super tough pulled a fully loaded trailer across the country. as well as a regular pull of the horse trailer. only problem it ever had on its own was a bad water pump. main cooling fan went out and it never overheated, in phoenix in the middle of the summer. it could probably survive a nuclear bomb, my burnt skeletal corpse still holding the steering wheel and still be running

1. plenty of power 2. Body is built like a tank 3.engine wont stop turning for the end of the world 4. broad sided a prius that ran a yeild sign and didnt even seem to slow down (paint chip and busted light with a 3in dent) 5. has been rearended 3 times at stoplights (no damage at all) 6. hit by three deer. aside from being covered in nastiness and hair stuck in doorjambs...(no damage) 7. dealership constantly sabatoging it (still wouldnt die) 8. girlfriend accidently put diesel fuel in it (ran like crap but still runs)

fuel economy sucks, and should have came stock with a top mounted swivel turret.

In love
By Dennysgirl09

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always owned Mini-Vans and we had a Ford Explorer, Never again. I am so in love with this SUV. Yeah gas millage is low but it's worth it to me because this is just such a cool and fun SUV to drive. Handles like a dream, rain or shine. I haul kids every where so dependability and room along with comfort are a most and I got all that and then some.

Room, having 4 door, sound system. There's just nothing I don't love about it.

If the back glass opened that would be a plus but it's never gonna deter me from my new love, my Durango!

Nice Ride
By NICE RIDE

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car about a year and a half ago. it barely had 14000 miles on it and was in perfect condition. I paid $15.5k for it and got it for a steal. I had heard a lot of bad things about the Durangos but for the price, I could not pass it up. I have driven this car across the country twice and have not had ANY problems with it.

The v8 engine definitely has power. This car rides so smooth that you honestly can not tell the difference between 10mph and 100mph.

The only inprovement i would suggest is to make the back seats just a little bit bigger.

Extreme fun
By 03sxtowner

2003 Dodge Durango SUV SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought my '03 SXT 2wd. I love it. It handles like a sports car. I own a '02 Intrepid and I have never had a problem with it as well. There are so many possibilities with this truck. I can't wait. I am a forever Dodge owner from now on. I have 4 kids and they love the comfort of the seats and the drive.

The power of the motor

A sun roof and better instrument cluster