2002 Dodge Durango 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - We love this truck

2002 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

SLT 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

We love this truck
By Matt on

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We've taken 2 long trips with this truck and have no complaints. It's comfortable, quiet, and we get 20 mpg on the freeway (running semi-syn 5w-30 oil and a K&N air filter). Plenty of power, excellent handling, excellect 4WD capabilities, comfortable 3rd seat (more comfortable than my parents Yukon! and you don't have to pull it out!) We highly recommend this vehicle to all our friends with kids-- and without. I have no idea why anyone would get the Hemi, it has plenty of power for the frame size. A/C works very well, even when it's 110 out. Dodge really thought this one out. We've had 1 repair the whole time we owned it, it was not critical it just bugged me.

Favorite Features

Very well thought out interior, sylish exterior lines, 4.7 liter engine. Some of the body panels are cheap plastic, but the frame and powertrain are tough, believe me. We hit ice once, got air, hit the ground hard, and still drove it 20 miles home. We limped it, but we made it.

Suggested Improvements

No one makes front tow hooks for it--I don't know why.