2002 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: 3rd SUV I've Owned, and the BE

2002 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

3rd SUV I've Owned, and the BEST
By K-D on

2002 Dodge Durango Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the SXT in 2005 and am still driving it daily. Love the engine and the look that is distinct vs Explorer, Trailblazer, etc. Great cargo room and perfect for weekend trips. Tows the 18 foot bass boat and trailer with ease. I owned a 1989 Blazer and a 1996 Explorer, and this has been MUCH better than the Blazer ever was, and even better than the Explorer (which was also very very good). In 4.5 years, I've just had oil changes, brake pads, and tires. Not a single maintenance issue outside of those regular ones. Drinks a lot of fuel, but I knew that going into the deal. I highly recommend this vehicle and will likely buy another Durango (hope they didn't change it too much).

Favorite Features

GREAT V-8 with good sound and more power than the other 2 V-8 SUV's I've owned. Great cargo room and a comfortable cabin. Good size wheels and tires even on my base model SXT.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to find any negatives, but fuel economy is an issue these days I guess. Also don't need the running boards. They are unnecessary to me.