Loves the truck but hates the repairs
By drivesalot on
2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I love this vehicle for its looks and comfort on longer drives but it's constantly in the shop! After purchasing it I found out about all the down falls it has even though I looked for the negatives. When it gets to over 125,000 mi expect to have engine troubles soon after! Everyone I have met with one no matter how good they maintain theirs has had blown heads and needed new engines. Its great for getting through heavy snows but I have practically rebuilt the truck part by part since I bought it! No repair on it is cheap either. Even though I like the this vehicle if I could go back I would choose something else. I have put $1000s in repairs starting from a few months after purchasing it.
Favorite Features
Being in an area where we get several ft of snow at a time I like the ability to change to 4X4 when the roads are getting worse.
Suggested Improvements
Building them with more dependable parts! After 50,000 miles everything starts breaking over and over again. I have replaced some parts twice in four yrs. The engine is the worst repair yet!