2002 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews 9

2002 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
"D"
By mickeymouse_123 on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

I had just bought my 2002 R/T Durango and am enjoying it. I personally love the unique look of the Durango. Previously, I bought a 2001 and not even a month later I was hit on the side and it saved the lives of my children in the middle section seating. I and my family miraculously walked away from the accident w/out a scratch. (actually we had to climb out of the windows 'cause we couldn't open the doors!) Although it's a gas guzzler, in comparison to mini-vans and cars, I wouldn't hesitate to state that this vehicle was worth the protection for my family.

Great SUV
By Durango on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Not one problem and I have had it 2 years

Love the Durango
By Hollysboy on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Haven't had very long...but I love it so far. No troubles, lots of envious stares on the highway!!

never again
By what was I thinking? on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After just 2 years and 34,000 miles, I'm told that my Durango needs $3800 worth of essential repairs, including suspension. Excuse me, but we have maintained this car as if it were one of our children and now it's not safe to drive? Even the dealer said he was appalled at the problems. Never again, Chrysler!

This SUV saved my life
By bravesmom on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I loved my Durango before my accident but now I can really recommend this auto. While driving my Durango I was hit head on by a Ford Expedition (monster SUV) going 45 mph. Thanks be to God, I and the Expedition passengers were uninjured, although bruised and shaken. The airbags deployed and the fact that I was wearing a seat belt helped me survive. This SUV performed as it was supposed to in a collision. Although I have a choice to purchase any SUV I am going to get another Durango because it has been proven to me that it is a safe SUV.

Great Truck
By wjohnson on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nice truck, big enough to carry my wife and 3 kids. would be nice to have a little more cargo space when the 3rd seat is occupied. Fun to drive and easy to park, unlike my full size blazer and other monster SUV's I driven. I highly recommend.

Fun times
By Off-roader on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I think all you people you say that the durango needs a 5.2 intead of a 4.7 don't know what your talking about. we have a 1998 5.8 durango in great cond. and the 4.7 drives and feels alot better. The AC in mine is alight not that much different then in the 98. but the 4.7 model is lot lighter feel and it alot faster then 5.9 was new. they really but alot of work in the new engine. it also had a Benz feeling in it. its not as truck feeling as the 98 had but still nice. handles in off roading better then 98, really fun to drive, better then any ford or chevy can do.

My second Durange
By GRK on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of my favorite vehicles ever. It is actually an SLT Plus with the 5.9. The new Durango is my second; I had one of the first 1998's. I think the exterior design and shape is by far the nicest among SUV's, especially in mono color. I put 154,000 miles on the 98 and had NO PROBLEMS.Lots of truck for the money. I might even buy a third on in a couple of years.

FIRST TIME DODGE BUYER
By boot44 on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Check engine light came on within one week of purchase. Dealer stated 'gas cap' was not on tight enough. The following week, it would not stay running when stopped at light or intersection....corrected itself before I made it back to dealer. I'm a little nervous about it. Hoping that this is not a sign of things to come.

Liking what I see
By still shopping on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I fell in love with the Durango when they first came out. I have yet to buy one, though. I am planning a purchase in the next year or so, and am looking at the Durango and the Mercury Mountaineer. I keep leaning towards the Durango. I like the seating capacity and the look of it. This will be my first SUV purchase and am looking forward to it. I am also looking forward to the new, revamped version coming out next year!