2002 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews 8

2002 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Durango Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
A Definite Dodge RT Woman
By RTLover on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Dodge Durango. My first was a 99 4WD that I thought was great until I purchased a 2002 R/T. The AWD is wonderful in bad weather. I have never purchased the same vehicle twice - but I can see a 3rd R/T in the future. Love the Handling and lot of room. The chrome wheels are a nice addition!!

Durango X Two
By vavi on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

THis is the 2nd Durango I have purchased in the past 4 years. Compared to my 1999 Durango Slt, the 2002 Durango SXT is quieter, has better gas mileage (14/15 city and 17 Hwy) The overall comfort is great, for a person with severe backproblems this is a great car to get in and out of. The ride is smooth and it handles well. As usual with the Durango, it has lots of space for lugage and assorted items that you could not put in a regular or smaller SUV.

IT's no Tahoew
By mrmikey on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Durango for a little over 7 months now. It is ok to drive although I miss my 99 Tahoe. The Durango is way under powered. But it gets me from here to there.

great off road truck
By johnny69 on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

so far so good 14000 miles no problem.Brakes are starting to show ware.

Great SUV
By UntleBud on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Durango at auction a year ago and love it! I bought the one 5.9 V8 to pull my boat, and the power makes it feel like there's nothing in tow. If I buy another, I will be looking for 4 wheel anti-lock brakes standard, and more room in the backseat! There is plenty for the Driver and Passanger, but none behing them.

Hot Dodge
By Coronet 73 on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is it! The only way to travel in style and performance. the Durango came out and the auto industry blinked and gasped for air and said oh sh*t we need something like that. It is what all suv's should be like. Hand down the sweetest SUV out there!

Spacious but Unstable
By Rocks on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The vehicle was handsome and got adequate fuel mileage. The driver's space was exceptionally well proportioned for taller drivers, but the bucket seat was crowded for wide shoulders. The vehicle handled poorly in marginal conditions (ice) and rolled over in a situation in which it should not have - a flat grass median at 45 mph. To Dodge's credit, although the airbag did not deploy and the vehicle was totalled, the driver's space was not impinged and neither a canine passenger secured in the cargo area suffered no injury.

doge are lemons
By tigger123 on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2001 dodge durango and it has been nothing but trouble. It has spent more time in the shop then on the road.It had had trasmission problems, power stering problems,engine problems,power windows problems, ext. I would cleary recomend a FORD SUV to anybody!!!!!

Power Packed
By Durdago on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I traded in her gutless Toyota 4-Runner (purchased before we were married) for a 2001 Durango with the 5.9L engine and the R/T package. Shortly after we moved from Maryland to Oregon (3200 miles). We towed my Mustang on a flat bed trailer, with both cars fully loaded. The Durango did it easily and at 85mph most of the way. We averaged 10mpg@85mph and 13mpg@65mph, while towing.

Damn Durango
By Home B-Z on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

great piece of machine