2002 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Give it a Chance
By joedurango on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am tired of hearing about how the Durango gets bad reviews in Consumer Reports. I've had mine for 2 years and 30,000 miles and I haven't had one problem. It rides like a truck, not some sissy SUV.

R/T sweetness
By dani rotcorp on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

I love the power. We have traveled between Utah and Indiana 3 times with a 3 year old and it has plenty of room for all the toys with the rear seat laid flat. I have installed a K&N cone filter to improve air flow and the difference is AWESOME. We recently put Toyo Proxy S/T tires on for all season performance. What a difference, it handles so much better now.

MY DURANGO
By ROTHMI on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

WELL EVER SINCE I BOUGHT IT I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT AND IT IS ALWAYS THERE FOR ME WHEN I NEED IT. IT HAS BEEN THE BEST THING THAT I HAVE EVER BOUGHT AND I AM HAPPY WITH IT.

dependability and standard accessories
By HUBERT on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The durango is the best buy for for your money The drivetrain is excellent and the 5.9 engine has plenty of power for towing gas msileage could be better, however, it is better than a lot of competors

Awesome
By dex on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car has great power. It is fun to drive and looks real sharp. Very affordable.

2002 SLT + Happy Owner
By willi on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my Durango that was a Chrysler executive vehicle with 32000 miles. We have taken it on two 1000+ mile trips, and the fuel economy is about equal to the rating. I have the 4.7 engine and am completely satisfied with the performance. I have only towed with it one time, but there was no problem with power whenn I was towing a car on a 2 wheel dolly.

Junk
By jimtrue on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

What a piece of junk! Brakes continually need replacing, A/C doesn't cool sufficently, fuel milage is abysmal. Bolt fell out of right rear leaf spring @ 5,000 mile, good thing I wasn't towing, leather seats very poor quality and starting to rip. I miss my moonroof. And, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SAM DELL DODGE!! Under investigation by NY State, biggest rip-off bunch in the area.

Durango SXT
By Gordy on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My first SUV. I'm 6'4" and this thing has plenty of room. Very comfortable on long trips. PLENTY of power and I feel very safe in this vehicle. I was hesitant to buy a Dodge because of reputation, but I have had the vehicle for a year and put almost 20,000 on it with absolutely no trouble. I've really enjoyed this vehicle.

SLT Plus w/ 5.9
By Hawkrod on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great SUV! Looks and drives awesome! Heated leather seats are very comfortable.

A Definite Dodge RT Woman
By RTLover on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Dodge Durango. My first was a 99 4WD that I thought was great until I purchased a 2002 R/T. The AWD is wonderful in bad weather. I have never purchased the same vehicle twice - but I can see a 3rd R/T in the future. Love the Handling and lot of room. The chrome wheels are a nice addition!!