2002 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews 4

2002 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Durango Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Love my Durango!
By AlaskaMamaBear on 02/06/07 23:38 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this Durango as 2nd owners from a rental liquidator and were worried. But we have had no problems what-so-ever. I trust this vehicle in the Alaskan elements with my children on board. It's been a wonderful family vehicle. I feel very safe with the side curtain airbags in the both the front and back seats. I couldn't live without the third row seat! The cargo area is spacious enough for our two dogs, or a full Costco run, and has made a conveinent diaper changing station on more than one occasion! We've taken excellent car of our Durango, but I have to say it has taken even better car of us.

Durango R/T
By Ryan on 11/13/06 17:34 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

No breakdowns except for standard service calls. One emission sensor failed during warranty.

I Love This "Thing"
By Smiley on 10/13/06 16:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Since the first time I saw a Durango, I have always been intrigued by them. I finally bought one, and thus far I am very happy with it. I love that it is truck based, because I like to tow now and then. I also like the ability to drive through mud and snow. Love the fact it has a third row and makes a person feel as though they are in a tank. If you want a capable vehicle this is for you. If you just want a people hauler I suggest a mini-van or car based SUV, because this thing only gets about 13 mpg. Ride is pretty good.

OK SUV
By mike20 on 08/03/06 11:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK family vehicle. Has enough power. Transmission shifting needs help. A/C is very poor.

Great SUV
By DS on 07/02/06 14:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle new in '01. Have had zero problems and I'm very happy with the performance of the 4.7 engine. Towing a 17 foot boot is a non-issue. The gas mileage is ok. The paint has put up with the everyday use and its kept outside 24/7. The rear end is a little loose in the snow while in 2wd. Other than that a real nice ride for this car. Plenty of go when needed.

Excellent Vehicle
By thestuff on 06/27/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've put about 40,000 on my Durango thus far and must say I love it still. Rugged, nice ride with plenty of creature comforts for the family. The 4.7L engine is more than adequate. Only repair I've had to do so far is replacing a cracked vacuum hose. Beyond that, it's been a very reliable vehicle.

DeeDee Durango
By Daddy dan on 03/22/06 14:47 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My little DeeDee. I loved this truck, right up to the day my wife totalled it out last week. Great ride, great looks, very comfortable. We went across the country twice in it, and had a great time. On time, at 12,000 miles a solenoid in the trans went out. That was the only problem in over 60,000 miles. Good power, good towing vehicle. It sounded good too, and didn't have a Hemi. Just a little baby 4.7. I just a bought new one, although it's not as cool looking. My wife survived a 50 MPH accident in this truck, with NO injuries. Her lipstick was even still in place after the air bag hit her in face. She walked out just fine.

Joy To Drive
By Barry Poppey on 03/10/06 06:13 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle originally for its superior comfort. My wife has a very bad back. After the purchase we found that the handling and per formance were far superior to other makes and models of equal size. We love the overall feel and ride.

Great Vehicle
By Jeff on 02/23/06 08:36 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Every now and then you get a vehicle that you really like. This is only the second vehicle I have had that experience with. I put about 25,000 miles per year on it and it has never let me down. The amenities in the plus package make it a luxury SUV. The power makes it a real work horse. I plan on driving this one until the wheels fall off which at the rate we're going will be a loooong time from now.

We love this truck
By Matt on 09/20/05 22:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We've taken 2 long trips with this truck and have no complaints. It's comfortable, quiet, and we get 20 mpg on the freeway (running semi-syn 5w-30 oil and a K&N air filter). Plenty of power, excellent handling, excellect 4WD capabilities, comfortable 3rd seat (more comfortable than my parents Yukon! and you don't have to pull it out!) We highly recommend this vehicle to all our friends with kids-- and without. I have no idea why anyone would get the Hemi, it has plenty of power for the frame size. A/C works very well, even when it's 110 out. Dodge really thought this one out. We've had 1 repair the whole time we owned it, it was not critical it just bugged me.