Used 2002 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Wheeeeeee
By Doggie

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

With over 30,000 miles of ownership I can tell you my Durango has been one of the best vehicle experiences I have ever enjoyed! My Durango is just as exciting to get in as it was the day I took it home. 4.7 Engine runs like a top! Brakes with anti-lock feature have saved me numerous times! Drivers seat lumbar bladder is the only item that has failed since new car delivery day. The steering of this vehicle is pure pleasure.

The stereo-Infinity sound is AWESOME!! Anti-spin rear end has saved me tires and accidents, not to mention how fun corner taking is with this feature.

Air conditioning is weak and that is my only complaint. I previously owned a Ford Windstar and the Air literally blew ICE COLD-I had to turn it off. Wish my Durango was the same.

She had to have it
By Davedoesn'tlikeDodge

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife loved the look of the Durango. The sale was high pressure, but we did get a very good deal $7000 below sticker price. When we got it the ground strap wasn't hooked up, the rear washer didn't work, and the folding seats stuck,lack of attention to detail. They worked on the seat twice and still it doesn't work that good, a poorly designed and finished hinge/latch piece. The battery died at 24,000 miles and it runs rough if it hasn't run for a while. I do my own maintance, the lack of a gasket of the transmission pan is just stupid. Our dealer service experiences have been terrible and we will never again buy a Dodge or Chyrsler product.

Third row seats, rear air.

Overall better attention to detail, it just appears rough.

My second Durango
By ozfreak

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Durango. I have only had it a few months and it is wonderful! I purchased a 2002 only after my 2001 was totaled. I was rear ended by someone going 55 mph while I was at a stand still. I did one complete roll across a highway, but I walked away. The person in the other car wasn't so lucky-alive but hurt. I wanted a Nissan Altima until the accident, now I will drive nothing but a Durango. It held up like a champ and I know I am alive because of the way it is built. Highly recommend this vehicle.

It just looks 'tough' and the third row seat.

Absolutely nothing.

JD's Dodge Durango
By JerDan

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 10 years in an Explorer I thought I'd try the Durango - I'm pleasantly surprised. It rides like a truck - but then it is a truck - so you get what you bought! It's tough and powerful - plenty of torque and a strong bottom- end performer. The 4 wheel drive system is the best I've ever experienced - easy to engage/disengage and quiet. Good power curve and comfortable shift pattern. It looks good and performs even better. I'll be keeping my Durango as long as I did my Explorer, maybe longer!

I like the strong bottom-end performance. Off the line it really gets with the program. Evidently it has a small diameter torque converter that really helps move the big machine in the lower RPM range.

A little more driver leg room would be helpful. I'm a big man, 6'3" - 275lbs. & I feel a little cramped. Maybe just a little more seat adjustment space is all that's needed.

Worst of the Worst
By kthrun

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I would like to hear from others who have problems with their Durango, we've had NONstop problems, starting from day one, A/C system replaced 3 times, blown transmission line that the dealership claimed did not exist (i took it off and wanted to fix it myself) until they towed the truck in...next day it was mysteriously fixed. Computer replaced twice, blown AIC whatever that supposedly made the truck stall out when stopped, replaced it, truck still stalls out when stopping, 4WD does not work now and the dealership claims they have "no idea" where is customer service? 4WD front CV joint went out with less than 58k miles...whats the deal? $36,000 LEMON.

it has features?