2002 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Great 7 passenger SUV
By Great Durango on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the truck for 2 months and its a pleasure to drive. There is plenty of room for 6 adults. The third row seat is ok for adults on a short trip, Ok for kids on a long trip.

R/T Go
By lucky on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

I have an R/T and love it. It has the old car rumble to it and has the feel of a sport car in a SUV. I traded in a 1999 Durango and this was the first repeat buy for me in 35 years of buying cars. If you are looking for a fun drive this can be it.

My Durango
By Candy Buckler on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

My SUV is great... The only problem I have right now is the gas prices. I have the 5.9 and it loves gas. I test drove it for 2 yrs before actually purchasing one. Maintenance work I have had done is minor.(E.G., oil changes, serpentine belt was the biggest) Hauls our camper wonderful, and oh all the kids. Could use a little more room in the 3rd row.

Love this truck
By menohavaname on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Durango. I have a 99 SLT w/ the 5.9 . The ride is smooth and comfortable. The power always seems to be on tap, especially when your crusing around 55mph. The only problem I've had was an oil leak problem with it at 25k miles (which has been fixed), but haven't had any other problems beyond that.

Dreamy Durango
By vtzeta on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the Durango because of it's body styling, power, and roominess. It offers tons of room for 5 adults and 1 car seat when the optional 3rd row is in position. Me and 6 of my friends took a road trip from VA to FL. It drove like a dream through mountainous terrain, rain, and snow for approx 2k miles. The only thing I dislike about the Durango is the "half" bench on the 3rd row of seats. It's not the most comfortable seat for 2k miles but for short distances it fills it's purpose. With a full sized 3rd row, this would be the absolute best vehicle anyone could buy This is the best vehicle! Bravo Dodge!

Nice Truck
By Vegas Dave on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just got it, so it's hard to give a fair review.... but so far I've put about 2500 miles on it with some off-road and it handles and rides well.

great all around s.u.v.
By mike hund on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

THE DODGE DURANGO TO BE IS A GREAT S.U.V. THIS TRUCK IS GREAT FOR TOWING MY CAMPING TRIALER AND MY BOAT. IT'S FUN OFF-ROAD OR ON-ROAD. THE THIRD SEAT THAT FOLDS FLAT IS A GREAT FEATURE THAT FORD AND CHEVY COPIED FOR THE EXPLORER AND BLAZER. IF YOUR LOOK AT THE SIZE AND INTEIOR OF THE NEW FORD AND CHEVY YOU CAN SEE THECOPIED THE DODGE DURANGO DESIGN. THE NEW 4.7 POWER TECH V8 IS A GREAT MOTOR.

I'LL NEVER AGAIN BUY A DODGE !!!!!!!!
By DODGE HATER on 03/14/02 23:00 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'VE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH THIS VEHICLE.. IT'S A LEMON ! THE DEALERSHIP ( SECURITY DODGE )AND CHRYSLER ARE NOT IN THE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION BUSINESS. ONCE YOU BUY THE VEHICLE YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.A BUDDY OF MINE ALSO HAS A DURANGO BUT WITH A 318 CI AND ENGINE BLEW AT 34,000 MILES,DEALER GAVE HIM A HARD TIME REPLACING MOTOR TRYING TO SAY NOT UNDER WARRANTY.

I love this SUV
By Sharon KS on 03/11/02 17:27 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this SUV, It has a great ride, plenty of room for my 3 kids and their friends, as well as all their stuff. I have the SLT Plus model, so I have some nice extras like heated leather seats and sharp accent coloring. I was never an SUV fan before, but I am now. This car handles like a dream.

explorer killer
By woz on 03/11/02 17:25 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

i love to drive again