100th Review
By :yB on
2002 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)
There is no option for a 2001 R/T for some reason but it's essentially the same as a 2002. For the last 6 years my R/T has been completely reliable. I have had general maintenence repairs, tires, wipers, new battery, driving lights (headlights are still original) etc. but other than the gas cap failing to keep negative pressure in the tank, I have had no repairs. The only reason I am getting rid of my Durango is because the gas mileage is horrible (avg. 11.3) and it's time to update. While trying to figure out what to sell my Durango for I noticed a lot of them have 100k+ up to 200,000 miles on them. The resale is not what I expected but definitely competetive with similar models.
Favorite Features
Body style, handling and power is far superior to similar models of the same year. Stadium style seating improves forward vision in the 3rd row and reduces motion sickness. A 6'6 person fits in any seat. From really comfy upfront to moderately comfortable in the way back.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage... but they have already fixed that problem by sacrificed power and good looks. Storage behind 3rd seat is adequate but too often not enough if you have passengers in the 3rd row and can't fold it down. Leather steering wheel won't remain shiney and smooth. No major complaints.