Used 2002 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Love It!!
By SLT Plus

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used and so far have nothing but good things to say. Drove 80 mi. back home from the dealer I purchased it from and yielded a surprising 19 mpg. (highway) with the 5.9 engine. Pretty good considering the other reviews I read. Although I didn't use the overhead computer (I calculated the mileage manually). City driving so far has been 13-15 mpg. I'm getting the mileage I expected (it is a SUV after all). Great comfort,great ride,good sounding radio,spacious and good looks.

heated leather, comfort, dual zone climate control, lots of power, stereo controls on the steering wheel, nice wheels, great 2 tone look, smooth ride, all wheel drive (was looking at an Outback until I saw this), front & side impact airbags, throaty exhaust.

Durango's are good vehicles
By mike fonte

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Durango has good pick up and engine power when needed. It handles quite well and is compact enough to fit in tigh places. Interior is some what compact. The fold down seats are a plus with the third row it seats 7-8 passengers.

Engine power

Expand the interior to make it a bit more spacious

Great SUV!
By paul1707

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased new in May 02. It was a dealer demo with 3K miles on it so I saved about $7K off the MSRP. Since then, I have been very pleased with its reliability. It is only a little over 2 years old but it has 70K miles on it and still runs like new. The only repairs I've had outside normal maintenance are brakes at 64K miles and a new battery at 67K miles. It has been an outstanding vehicle, much better than the 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee I traded for it. I was hesitant about owning another DiamlerChrysler product but took the chance and I am glad I did. However, the resale value is very poor and that will probably keep me from purchasing another Dodge.

heated leather seats, V8 power, comfort, reliability

fuel economy, should have a better resale value for a $35K SUV, overhead display should allow the driver to set options for keyless entry, horn sounding when locking with the key fob, etc. similar to the Jeep Grand Cherokee

a very good dependable suv
By nolona@mdah.state.ms

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The dodge durango is an excellent built suv, the comfort and options are great and the feel for the road is on time with stff but firm handling. the fuel consumption is sorrowful in this day and time, approximately 16 mpg city and highway combined. The additional seating is a plus with options as a luggage compartment. Highway long trips are enjoyable to take with the road handling ability of sure footed big enought but small enought to be enjoyable enought. I would buy this vehicle again.

seating, airconditioning, factory sound system, handling

better fuel economy

02 Durango
By av8r

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall a good vehicle. Truck-based SUV handles rough terrain better than a car-based. Finally got needed face lift in 04 but the truck got heavier and has sacrificed power and some convenience (cannot get cass player anymore) Also, new seats are hard as a rock.

V8.

Ball joints are defective. I wish DC would just go ahead and admit it. @ sets of ball joints in 30k miles...