2002 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
2002 DURANGO
By johnnyb32 on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The buying experience was not so good. The truck is real nice and has better pick-up and speed than my older 4- runner. I'm not too comfortable in the drivers seat I have a hard time getting comfortable. the glove box is small, ignition needs to be moved hit's my legs.

They have ruined the Durango!
By The Big dawg on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

WE own a 1999 durango and test drove a 2002. The 1999 is far better. It has a bigger engine 5.2 vs 4.7. Most of all, the AC in our 99 is far better to the 2002. In places like Phoenix AZ, Dallas Texas, Atlanta GA, ETC, the superior AC is very important!!!!!!!

Great Upgrade!
By bltkate on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2000 Dakota and loved that truck. This is a great step up on features and performance. We have done a lot of looking around at the other SUV's out there and this was still my first choice. The trade off between features and gas economy was no sacrifice compared to the other SUV's. Very stable in the curves and on rouph roads. Lots of room inside.

Hyundai or Dodge?
By Crash Test Dummy on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been looking to get a SUV for a few years now. I am soon to be getting my permit in a few months and am dying to get a car. I love the dodges cute pudgy looks but my friend owns one and says shes had nothng but trouble and also that the fuel economy is horrible. I am looking at a Hyundai Santa Fe too. But sadly it doesnt have half the things that the base durango has (Like leather seating, opt side air bags, 8 speakers..infact the speakers are quite poor on the Santa Fe). Would the Dodge SLT be a good car for a first time driver?

Looking Forward
By Lapd006 on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm 14 now i the only thing i've been looking at to drive is the Durango. I've looking at it on every site i could find and Durango SLT looks like the perfect car.

Off Road
By AWL on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was in an accident which totaled my previous Durango but I bought another one because of hoe well I was protected from major injuries.

I Love This R/T
By DodgeMan on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

I Just traded in my 98' SLT for the R/T. I can not believe the difference between the two. If i didn't know any better i would think I was driving a sports car. It seems that this bad boy soved all the problems of the old SLT. I no longer have the constant problems with my rear breaks. I dont squeal around corners or break the rear end loose on turns. Well done.!!

Great SUV
By durango999 on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned four SUV's, and three trucks and by far this is the best.

lemons
By lemon dodge on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

don't buy any dodge or chrysler products. they are all lemons!!! my durangos transmisson is no good and dealership(security dodge of amityville ny) refuses to honor the srvice warranty last time i buy an american car. japanese car better build. after i pay it off i will trade in. buy a honda!!!

Hooked on Dodge Durango R/T
By Durango RT Lover on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 1st Durango 1999 SLT 4X4. Loved this one. I put 95,000 miles in 3 years. I purchased a 2002 R/T this one is awesome. Ride and handling is great - no going back to the SLT. I am sold on the R/T !!