Used 2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Piece of Junk
By Eric

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I loved this car until the camshaft sheared off parts at 59k miles and cost me $2200 in repairs. Modern cars should not have camshafts breaking for no reason at 59,000 miles! This will be the last American car I buy.

Great Vehicle
By Jeff

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Every now and then you get a vehicle that you really like. This is only the second vehicle I have had that experience with. I put about 25,000 miles per year on it and it has never let me down. The amenities in the plus package make it a luxury SUV. The power makes it a real work horse. I plan on driving this one until the wheels fall off which at the rate we're going will be a loooong time from now.

Favorite Features

Power, Leather, Heated seats, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Add DVD navigation and headrest entertainment.

a very good dependable suv
By nolona@mdah.state.ms

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The dodge durango is an excellent built suv, the comfort and options are great and the feel for the road is on time with stff but firm handling. the fuel consumption is sorrowful in this day and time, approximately 16 mpg city and highway combined. The additional seating is a plus with options as a luggage compartment. Highway long trips are enjoyable to take with the road handling ability of sure footed big enought but small enought to be enjoyable enought. I would buy this vehicle again.

Favorite Features

seating, airconditioning, factory sound system, handling

Suggested Improvements

better fuel economy

Wheeeeeee
By Doggie

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

With over 30,000 miles of ownership I can tell you my Durango has been one of the best vehicle experiences I have ever enjoyed! My Durango is just as exciting to get in as it was the day I took it home. 4.7 Engine runs like a top! Brakes with anti-lock feature have saved me numerous times! Drivers seat lumbar bladder is the only item that has failed since new car delivery day. The steering of this vehicle is pure pleasure.

Favorite Features

The stereo-Infinity sound is AWESOME!! Anti-spin rear end has saved me tires and accidents, not to mention how fun corner taking is with this feature.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioning is weak and that is my only complaint. I previously owned a Ford Windstar and the Air literally blew ICE COLD-I had to turn it off. Wish my Durango was the same.

Love my Durango
By paul171

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee for a 2002 Durango. I took it on a 2000 mile road trip this weekend and the Durango performed flawlessly. It is not as bad on gas as I thought it would be and it is the most comfortable SUV on the market. The V8 is excellent and the interior room is fabulous

Favorite Features

Interior room, V8 power, utility

Suggested Improvements

The driver needs to be able to determine if they want to doors to lock automatically and be able to set the auto door lock to open when the driver opes the door similar to the Jeep's system