2001 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: What a great experience

2001 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4-speed Automatic)

What a great experience
By steve409 on

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I liked these things the first time I saw one, and have enjoyed my 2001 Durango as it comes up on its 11th birthday at around 125000 miles. 4.7 V8, almost no problems at all to speak of for 10 years, then 11th year I have replaced Throttle Sensor (vehicle quit on the freeway) and a few o2 sensors and one power window. Other than that no issues for a decade, and a fantastic vehicle for my wife and two daughters. Still driving it and plan to get at least two more years out of it.

Good seat designs for the size of the vehicle, good experience with the balance of handling, ride, power, and features. Very sturdy - a bit firm on the ride but I knew that buying it, and don't mind. Gas hog at 15mpg, but I knew that also buying and did not care - wanted the power when I needed it for yearly camping trips into Montana. Loved the design of the cargo space. Worth noting the best "on steering wheel volume and radio controls ever designed" - still used 10 years later by Dodge!

Dodge softened the ride, so that was handled. Also increased 2nd row seat space for larger adults (we did not care as we bought for smaller kids).