Used 2001 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2001 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Most Helpful|
Dodge is junk and service is a SCAM!
By jbarmywife

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The electrical system, brakes and engine are junk. This is my third Dodge and I have had problems with all of them. My 2005 Dodge Ram kept breaking down and every time we'd take it in they'd charge us $100 and say there's nothing wrong with it. Same with my Durango, even with the check engine light on they say there's nothing wrong yet my car just stopped on he road. It's still not fixed and I can't sell it the way it is. Now my husband has a 99 pickup and you can clearly tell the cylinders are missing. It jerks you back every time you drive it and he took it in today. They charge him another $100 for nothing. It shows up on my friends diagnostics machine. SCAM!

Suggested Improvements

TAKE ALL DODGES OF THE MARKET! These days people can't afford to keep getting scammed on piece of junk.

?
By Ihatedurango

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

You feel every bump in the road. This vehicle for some reason came with front disc brake, no rear brakes. Terrible if you drive in stop and go traffic. I feel I've been taking ripped off when I traded in my 97 Durango thinking I would get a more luxurious model with leather seats, Infinity surround speakers. But instead, I got this vehicle for 2 and a half more years.

Favorite Features

It looks sharp when clean.

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes on this heavy vehicle, better rack and pinion and less feeling of the bumps.

Get outta Dodge
By tommythecat86

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a 2001 Dodge Durango. Engine blew due to some "mysterious oil loss". Dealership claims it's our fault (of course they would...it's still under warranty). The crappy engine is just part of the laundry of of problems. Electric windows that don't work (Hope I don't crash into a body of water). Multiple comfort options in the seats...don't work(anybody who drives has to be my height, no more no less). Brakes are junk. On the brighter side, it looks pretty and is very spacious...Yipeee!

Favorite Features

Roomy. I like the paint.

Suggested Improvements

Everything that does not have anything to do with the paint.

Looks good but...
By Foochey

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Engine is strong. That's the end of the good news. Brakes are horrible, expect warped rotors Aand drums every 15,000m. Add to that the fact that these brakes are under-designed and will not stop this vehicle safely and should be recalled. The BCM module is a joke and must be replaced by dealership whenever your lights/wipers/etc go haywire (and they will). You'll get raped for this stupid charge that is designed into Dodge's grand service scheme. Then there's the upper balljoint issues. Dodge will be out of business if they keep producing junk like this. Never another Dodge/Chrylser product for me...ever.

Favorite Features

Engine power, driver seat is comfortable.

Fun to drive if it holds up...
By amysue32

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have loved looking at and driving Dodge Durango since they came out. I purchased a 2001 model and have had it in the shop constantly for warranty work.

Favorite Features

Power