2001 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
my durango
By richard kistner on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I like the vehicles except that it rides very rough. It woould be perfect with a softer ride. Very bouncy on rough roads.

2001 Durango
By rockymtndurango on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

30,000 miles and its like new. The interior is very comfortable and luxurous. The leather 8 way heated, adjustable seats are very nice, and for long drives - very comfy. It's attractive and well insulated from outside sounds. The sound system is excellent. On the downside - gas mileage is low (although the tank is good size). The back liftgate is too hard to bring down, and for as large as it is, a van would have more room for the family. The dealer experience sucked - worst I ever had.

Best I've Found
By Fractal_Tech on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle on September 9th of last year. This vehicle, with 24000 miles in 12 months, has been nothing but a joy. Nothing on it has broken at all, and it continues to purr like a kitten. Gets 15-17 MPG in the city, and never lacks for power, something I might add the explorer does, even with the V-8. Might have tried a Tahoe, but the extra $10,000 for the options I got seemed a little steep.

01 Durango 5.9L R/T 4 WD
By IveBeenDodged on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my 01 4WD 5.9L R/T for about 16 months so far. Anyway except for a few cheesy interior bits that have broken under warranty . Also last week the tilt wheel hand switch that you push down to tilt the steering wheel broke off in my hand while I was tilting the wheel. Another first. It was a cheesy plastic thing internally which should have ben made out of metal if you use your tilt wheel more than twice a day which I do. Taking it back under warranty tomorrow to fix, even though I shouldn't have to for these small things.

durango 5.9l engine
By dbbb on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

lots of function, great acceleration, best suv there is no doubt about it, and thats 15 words or more

Awesome!
By durangoman on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I'm very happy with my Durango. I have a 2001 SLT 4WD. LOADED! I love the power and the new interior design. I don't care for the 2WD body style that is why I chose to get the beefier front end on the 4WD. I've had no major problems. In fact the only problem that I do have is with the power door locks. While the engine is running the locks will occasionally begin rapidly locking and unlocking on their own.

Fun to drive if it holds up...
By amysue32 on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have loved looking at and driving Dodge Durango since they came out. I purchased a 2001 model and have had it in the shop constantly for warranty work.

40000 and still going
By mlrobertson on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my Durango new in 2000. No problems at all. Lots of room, lots of vroom. My whole family loves this suv.

Believe it or Not
By BIGBAIR67 on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

In 11 months I put 40,000 km on this vehicle. It has performed well however there have been and are certain issues I believe need to be aired. First after only 3 months of ownership the computer chip for the fuel pump died. There were no chips in Canada so I had to wait for a whole week. The light switch broke off after 10 months.( The one you pull to engage the fog lamps.) Now I'm trying to get Dodge to look at the breaks. When the breaks are applied with consistant and sudden pressure the brakes release after a fews seconds. This is especially noticable when you hit a bump and apply the breaks.

Be Careful
By Tigger on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Durango in February 2001 and traded it in September 2001. I got a horrible vehicle that was in the shop from June until August 2001 with A/C problems and then was not fixed correctly still! I don't know if it was the dealership or the vehicle, but my advice for $30,000 sticker price go buy a Tahoe or an Explorer and you will get better gas mileage and the insurance will not be as high! Good luck if you have one!