2001 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Best Vehicle I Ever Owned
By Gary Ciborowski on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

With 36,000 miles now, I have never been stranded, it's never stalled and it gets 17 mpg. Easy to drive, great visibility and very, very safe. More affordable than Chevy and Ford and does all they do, and more, with the fold down 3rd seat. Cold front and back A/C, decent CD system and nice ergonomics inside. I would buy another one if the price was right.

New Durango
By Marine on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a Very powerful engine (4.7L) Pulled LARGE pontoon boat out of water loded with people and a busted platoon full of water!

01 Durango SLT
By ashkid on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Overall we have been pleased with our Durango. It gulps gas, but we knew that when we bought it. My only real gripe is that for $35,000 the quality of the interior materials leave a lot to be desired. The plastics feel cheap and the quality of the leather seating is poor compared to most I have experienced. Generally though, the Durango is a capable, rugged SUV.

My First SUV Purchase
By Lori0865 on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My Durango is an SLT, but it has the 17" alloy wheels/tires, the optional 3rd seat in the rear,a power drivers seat, upgraded cloth interior and the 5.9 liter engine. I manage to get 15mpg on the highway which is better than most vehicles in its class. It handles terrific in the snow, ice, and severe thunderstorm/terrential rains in addition to good driving conditions. Its cargo capacity is awsome for a Christmas shopping spree at Birch Run or hauling 25 40lb bags of lava rock for landscaping (the suspension never flinched)!!! It holds 6 adults and one child comfortably as well as 2 dogs, 2 adults and luggage for a cross country trip.

Durango =Good
By Bike Shop on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great looks, lost a performance point for not quite up to par brakes. Fuel consumption, as expected, is poor. Fuel capacity good though. Comfortable seats,especially for passengers,including kids in back seats. 32k miles with no problems--not even a broken plastic piece! Will definitly strongly consider another Durango when replacing this one.

One tough truck
By fireguy on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best truck I have owned.

A great truck!
By ZCR on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Will do anything you ask of it.

Safety First Mom
By SafetyFirst on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

For the moms out there, I purchased the Durango, not only for looks, but for the all steel construction. I am very thankful I did. A few months ago, we were in a major accident in which the Durango spun around and flipped over twice down an embankment. No one was hurt, and my baby slept through the whole thing. All the seatbelts worked great, and we didn't have any trouble getting out of the car. When I looked at the Durango after we exited the car, there were no dents on the doors or anywhere passengers were sitting!!! The Durango held up VERY well, and we'll be getting another one when our lease is up.

My Durango
By Mark Moroney on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very Good. The 3rd row seat works great for hauling extra kids around.

Durango SLT plus
By fishman1707 on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is fun to drive. It is powerful and practical.