Used 2001 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Most Helpful|
Love the way it handles
By E Stewart

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great overall vehicle. Not too wild about the looks but it drives like a champ. Handles easy, very fun to drive, with plenty of room for everyone. Has been an extremely reliable vehicle but I hear unexplained noises from time to time. I would highly recommend vehicle.

Favorite Features

Superb Handling

Great SUV
By Nina

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This Durango has gone 134,000 miles with very little repair (mostly wear and tear). Like most Dodge cars the interior is quality material and has lasted beautifully through two kids growing up. Unlike Fords and Chevys, it is comfortable to get in and out of and easy on the back going long distances. The 4WD is great and has gotten me out of some tough construction sites. I enjoy driving this vehicle as much as my husband. Just wish they put the extra handles on the newer models and it had better gas mileage (but that is what happens when you buy a V8)

Favorite Features

Comfort, power, easy to drive and handle. Amazing cargo room and easy to load and unload. Good reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Put the handholds back in. Better gas mileage.

Great value
By vtsnowman

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I paid $7200 for my '01 Durango 3 years ago with about 80K miles; it now has 146K and is getting me through another Vermont winter like a CHAMP. Sure, the mileage is atrocious -- I average 12.6 -- and it isn't the smoothest ride around, but the V8 has serious punch (still!) and with the 3rd row seat I can haul a mess of kids around. I've had to have some repairs -- the worst being $900 to get the heat working down on my feet (kind of essential up here) -- but this thing owes me nothing.

Favorite Features

Power, performance in snow, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

The interior is slowly falling apart -- volume control on the steering wheel fell out, tilt-wheel lever fell off, driver's side door armrest is loose. I drive on some pretty rough (dirt) roads, though, so it's not a huge surprise.

Great Vehicle
By Baseball Mom

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Durango Sport for 5 years and it now has 188,000 miles on it. This has been a great vehicle. I am just now beginning to have some issues with the truck. Nothing real major, just regular wear and tear on one that has this many miles on it.

Favorite Features

Room

149000 miles and going strong
By rogerv2

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

this 2001 durango is our 2nd durango 1st on was a 98 w/5.2 we put 236000 miles w normal wear items,our 2001 just turned up 149000 I had to replace the radiator , and water pump just normal wear items ,we average 17mpg and have gotten as high as 20.5mpg and Ive pulled a 4500 lb trailer did great .I love my durango and expect another 80000 miles out of it.

Favorite Features

3 rd row seating and driving it very solid

Suggested Improvements

I miss the 5.2 one of Dodges greatest engines