2001 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Great SUV
By Patrick Kennedy on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV knowing that the MPG where going to be low but its an SUV. I really like how it drives and if you want to take it off road you can. The R/T model is a big plus big engine/more power.

The Black Beauty
By rangoman01 on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my Rango used in 2003 with 71k miles on it. Had its nicks and dents, but engine and transmission still functioned like new. Looked forward to buying it since about July of 2002 and don't regret a thing. Truck has been nothing but good to me. Only problem was the rear speed sensor going at 76k but I knew what the problem was and diagnosed it myself with no problems. $35 dollar part, spent about an hour replacing it. Absolutely love the truck, forget the Exploder (yes I meant what I typed) and the Tahoe, get yourself a Durango

Dodge Durango RT
By kinserdrift on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Truck looks great motor rpms fluctuate at syeady speed dealer never could make stop overall good solid truck great for towing gas milage sucks at least 30% worse than my 98 eddie baur explorer cant wait to try out a 04 w/HEMI

A great vehicle.
By ZR on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Durango. After leasing a '98 Durango, I was so impressed, when it was time to give it back in '01 I instead sold it to my best friend and nieghbor and bought a new one. Neither my freind or I have had a single issue and are continually impressed with the performance and build quality to this day. Both Durangos are 5.9 SLT Plus.

Great Truck
By otter on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Had zero problems over 27,000 miles in 15 months. Great in Minnesota winters. Towed 6000lb trailers with no problem in the relatively flat midwest. Got rear-ended hard by an F350 dually, skidded off road, and rolled. Not a single straight piece of metal left on the Durango, but driver walked away one bruise, and all doors and hatch still worked. I loved my 2001 Durango, and have replaced it with a 2002.

MY DURANGO
By RONFORQUER on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I HAVE HAD THIS TRUCK FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND MY WHOLE FAMILY HAS ENJOYED IT. IT IS VERY COMFORTABLE INSIDE AND RELIABLE TO DRIVE IN DIFFERENT WEATHER CONDITIONS. THE BIGGEST PROBLE WITH THIS VEHICLE IS THE GAS MILEAGE ON HIGHWAY AND IN THE CITY AS WELL.

so so dodge
By john friddell on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

this dodge was not what i thought it would be, resale or trade value is very bad even from the same dealer. a lot of minor problems that the dealer will not take care of

SO FAR SO GOOD
By KRBE57 on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I BOUGHT MY DURANGO USED.LIKE THE BODY STYLE AS IT STANDS OUT FROM OTHER SUV'S. 4.7 ENGINE HAS GOOD PULLING POWER AND IT GETS UP AND GOES WHEN I NEED IT TO. STIFF RIDE BUT I LIKE THAT AS IT IS A TRUCK AFTER ALL AND THAT IS WHY I BOUGHT IT. LOVE THE SOUND OF THE V-8.

Still Favorite
By LarsTalon on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned 4WD trucks and SUV's since 1956 and this is my favorite stock one. The 2003 (last) New England Winter didn't slow it down, neither did my two-way trip across the US on I-90 in January. It's tough enough to handle medium intensity offroading, unaided. And it handles remarkably well on the highway, stable even at extreme speeds. It's a good ride.

love it
By moose2 on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second durango love the vehicle for the most part,had to many brake problems.froze up in winter time,never had my ford truck brakes freeze before!Gas milage should be able to be improved.