2000 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: Remarkable Durability

2000 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

Remarkable Durability
By James82 on

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

Me and my family have had this truck for almost 10 years and it has definitely been worth it. I have always been a traditional SUV guy and still am because of this truck. The 4.7 L is great, the 4WD system worked terrific in the snow, and at 240,000 miles it is still running. Besides a cracked head gasket replacement which was a bit of a pain, nothing else has gone wrong. It was a great road trip car and we love it. I am worried that it may go soon so its replacement GMC Yukon has already been purchased, but I hope it lasts for a long time. Even with its terrible fuel economy, I'm convinced its one of the best cars I have owned.

Favorite Features

Smooth-running 4.7L, loads of interior space, off-road capable, tows with a breeze, 4WD works well on all types of terrain, better looking than newer models. (In my opinion, at least.)

Suggested Improvements

Improved fuel economy would be common with all durangos, cramped 3rd row seat accommodations, some materials in the interior and even on some of the panels are cheap plastics, suspension can make the ride a bit rough sometimes.