My Durango
By Barry Jones on
2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD
I test drove a Pathfinder, 4Runner, Xterra, Passport and Rodeo before I finally came to the Dodge and I stopped looking after a 10 minute drive. The seats were made for Americans and I am tall (6'4") so I wanted a SUV where my knees didn't hit anything (console, dash, etc.). The seats are comfortable and the dash is stylish yet simple. I am sure there are other good SUV's out there but you can't go wrong with this one. It has a third row seat, great towing power, full size spare tire and a quiet engine with a nice sounding exhaust
Favorite Features
Leather seats, easy to switch to 4WD (no locking hubs), Rear air (very important and nice to have) 3rd row seat that folds for more cargo room, and the auto dimming rear view mirror ( I didn't like it at first but when I drive someone elses car I really see why it is nice to have).
Suggested Improvements
Only thing I would like to improve on my truck is the squeaks coming from the back seat when you go over bumps. It didn't do it until ~35000 miles but I listen to the radio and can't hear it most the time.