2000 Dodge Durango 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Been a Good Truck

2000 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

Been a Good Truck
By Craig on

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Durango new and have put 118,000 miles on it. I tow a bass boat, drive across dove fields, take trips and drove it to work. One constant problem is the front rotors are good for 16 months and 21,000 miles. Then they have to be replaced. Looking for a rotor solution. The truck otherwise has performed well. My wife and I enjoy driving it on a trip as the ride is comfortable, solid, quiet and I can pass anybody any time. I don't get those who complain about the gas mileage ? All Fords, Chevy's etc get 14 mpg or less. I get 14 mpg in town and 21 mpg on the road. I plan to drive it till the wheels fall off

Favorite Features

Plenty of room for hunting dog, guns, life jackets, decoys, etc. The Fold up door keeps the rain off of you while loading. Does a good job towing the boat and the ride is steady. Been caught in a few storms and I felt safe. After 8 years still has a good paint job can't say that about GM products.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge trucks need larger rotors, and a better overall brake system. To light for the weight of this truck. For a truck used for hunting and fishing the interior is good. Dodge customer service could be better, alot better.