2000 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
My 2000 Durango
By Santo on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I loved my '00 Durango until I hit the 50,000 mile mark. Major front end problems started to arise and they are still coming. The driver's seat could use more padding in the lower lumbar area. The padding broke down in my seat after 35k. The engine is solid! This truck can tow a house down. I have the 5.9 liter. The power is unbelievable! 3rd row seat is very handy.

2000 Durango
By DSLT on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

Love this SUV, great performance, good handling, modest comfort level, alot for the money. I be in line for a 2004 when my lease is up.

Solid value, don't overspend though
By maskali on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this vehicle in August 2003 and it was fully loaded SLT Plus with some aftermarket items like wind deflector, rear taillight grille, and weathertech window airvent shields. Has the big 5.9 liter V8. I like this engine but I would've preferred the more peppy 4.7 liter because the 5.9 takes a little more time to get up and go. I won't be doing too much towing either.

Happy with the
By wildfire on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my D in Jan of 2000. It has performed as well as I hoped. Maintenance needs have been low. I have changed the oil regularly & replaced the battery. That's it other than the "scheduled" maintenance needs. The anit-lock brake feature I opted for paid for itself at around the one year mark. On the freeway at highway speeds the traffic suddenly came to a halt. I hit the brakes and the D actually stopped before hiting the guy in front of me. I have been very happy with the reliability and performance of my D since day one. It is comfortablt to ride in and my wife hates going back to the car when I take the D for some reason.

Room for the whole family and then some!
By Denise Hrncir on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Great vehicle...however with any SUV you will spend lots of time at the gas station. Front Seats are a bit uncomfortable, but the rest are fine. Love the third row seating and all the cargo room that comes with owning a SUV. Would recommend it for you if you are considering a SUV.

Best mid-SUV
By padodge on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second Durango and I cannot say enough good things about them. Tons of room, good handling, lots of power. Only changes would be the sub- par original tires and the gas milage, I get about 13.5 mpg with my 5.8L V8.

Wouldn't have anything else
By depaulcrew on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

63,000 miles and the only thing that has been disappointing has been the fuel mileage.We tow a 6500lb fishing boat and pass everyone else towing a boat and most other motorist on the highway.The 4.7 engine sounds awesome and has more than enough power. The interior is great.Leather seats are soft.Kids love the rear ac and third row seat. The stereo is unmatched for being factory. We did replace the shocks with Rancho RSX9000's. We also replaced the front disc pads long before neccessay because of all the brake dust. We put Ceramix pads on the front ($79) but no more dust. Its been extremely dependable and has only been to the shop for a defective power lock.

Great SUV!
By robyn4323 on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this SUV new in 2000 and other than a couple of warranty repairs and problems with the battery (also replaced under warranty) - I have had no problems with it and have thoroughly enjoyed driving my urban assault vehicle around Los Angeles.

Love It
By bubbagump on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

Awesome for towing. Fun to drive. Looks great. Lots of power.

Dodge the Dodge!
By jr lewis on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

Good looking vehicle with a quality of a hyundai.