Used 2000 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

2000 slt 4.7l
By andy

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV

I hear people complaining about this truck, and I don't know why. This truck has been in the family since it was brand new, and the most expensive repair was spark plugs-$150. I pull a lot of heavy stuff. It pulls like a dream. The truck is extremely powerful. The engine problems people describe are due to poor maintenance. Tranny is very strong, and the engine oil needs to be changed every 3k! Using synthetic also helps. Love mine. Very reliable!

infinity system, Powerful V8, towing ability, 4x4 (gets me anywhere i want to be), "V8 rumble", ITS FAST.

better mpg, need inline fuel filter, better shocks

Sound vehicle
By bradleyk98

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I had purchased this vehicle in 2002 and have never had a mechanical issue. I do my own maintenance and this vehicle is tough. The only thing we have done is tires brakes battery and shocks. These are expected things for a 120,000 mile vehicle. I am planning on this vehicle lasting our family of six (the third seat is great) at least until it has 200,000 plus on it. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants a tough reliable vehicle capable of handling any of your needs.

The whole thing is a great truck

gas mileage could be better but I would not want to sacrifice performance

Good at everything, master of none!
By 2KR/T

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned this Durango for quite some time. It's given me no problems outside of regular maintenance. I tow occasionally and haul quite a bit of goods. Just passed 80,000miles and still going strong. I get 18.3mpg at 55mph and 16mpg at 65mph! Not bad for a beast that's rated at 12mpg city and 16mpg highway. Keep in mind the EPA, at the time, rated vehicles on the highway at 55mph! Only problem that is annoying is that in colder weather the mechanism inside the rear hatch that controls the lock rusts and sticks. I have to spray it with lube every few months. Takes about 20min, so its not too bad.

360 V8 (strong, with low end torque), towing package, third row seating and full time 4x4 system! Excellent vehicle to own when the snow flies or you want to go play in the mud or on rock trails!

Better engine breathing for better performance, more secure wheel well protectors, thicker skid plates, larger fuel tank and rear heat wasn't an option in the 2000 model!

A great SUV
By How-Buds

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the truck with 15000 miles when she was exactly three years old! I have owned her for three years and eleven months. Truck has been awesome, only issue is the A/C unit is too small for the inside cab. The unit only holds 1.6 pounds of refrigerant. Other then that issue, I would buy again!

88 cubic feet of space Audio controls on steering wheel Horse power and great torque Fun to four wheel Great when towing my ATVs The design in the doors for shutting almost by themselves. Privacy glass

A larger capacity on the A/C unit.

Love this SUV
By Charger2

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car for its space. I have 3 kids so it works great. gas mileage isn't to great but it does what I need it to do. Although for buying with 120,000 miles, I'd say it was perfect. I would definitely buy again, preferably newer next time.

3 row seats, space