Used 2000 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Love This Vehicle
By PD

2000 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

Never had a problem with my Durango, but did have to have a brake job at 30,000. Change the oil every 3,000 miles and keep it garaged. MPG is 12, wish it were better, but I still love my Durango. I feel safe in it. Had a bad front end crash with it a few years ago (other vehicle slid into my lane) and came out with no injuries. When the truck hit, it hid solid. Maybe I just got lucky.

BG
By BG

2000 Dodge Durango Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

175,000 trouble free miles still drives like it did when we picked it up. Very low maintenance brakes and oil changes only. Fuel 19 highway 15 city not bad.

2000 slt 4.7l
By andy

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

I hear people complaining about this truck, and I don't know why. This truck has been in the family since it was brand new, and the most expensive repair was spark plugs-$150. I pull a lot of heavy stuff. It pulls like a dream. The truck is extremely powerful. The engine problems people describe are due to poor maintenance. Tranny is very strong, and the engine oil needs to be changed every 3k! Using synthetic also helps. Love mine. Very reliable!

infinity system, Powerful V8, towing ability, 4x4 (gets me anywhere i want to be), "V8 rumble", ITS FAST.

better mpg, need inline fuel filter, better shocks

Sound vehicle
By bradleyk98

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I had purchased this vehicle in 2002 and have never had a mechanical issue. I do my own maintenance and this vehicle is tough. The only thing we have done is tires brakes battery and shocks. These are expected things for a 120,000 mile vehicle. I am planning on this vehicle lasting our family of six (the third seat is great) at least until it has 200,000 plus on it. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants a tough reliable vehicle capable of handling any of your needs.

The whole thing is a great truck

gas mileage could be better but I would not want to sacrifice performance

Good at everything, master of none!
By 2KR/T

2000 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned this Durango for quite some time. It's given me no problems outside of regular maintenance. I tow occasionally and haul quite a bit of goods. Just passed 80,000miles and still going strong. I get 18.3mpg at 55mph and 16mpg at 65mph! Not bad for a beast that's rated at 12mpg city and 16mpg highway. Keep in mind the EPA, at the time, rated vehicles on the highway at 55mph! Only problem that is annoying is that in colder weather the mechanism inside the rear hatch that controls the lock rusts and sticks. I have to spray it with lube every few months. Takes about 20min, so its not too bad.

360 V8 (strong, with low end torque), towing package, third row seating and full time 4x4 system! Excellent vehicle to own when the snow flies or you want to go play in the mud or on rock trails!

Better engine breathing for better performance, more secure wheel well protectors, thicker skid plates, larger fuel tank and rear heat wasn't an option in the 2000 model!