Used 2000 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Amazing vehicle!
By devoe6xo

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

I bought mine in December of 2008 with 107,000 miles on it, and for the money I paid it was a great deal! This thing runs like a champ. I take it everywhere that my friends take there more expensive 4x4 trucks and get through everything with ease. Mine had the 5.9 L V-8 in it so it had plenty of power, with some to spare. I absolutely loved this s.u.v and would have never gotten rid of it if gas hadn't gotten to 4 bucks a gallon.

Favorite Features

The power that it had, and its ability to get through anything-gravel, mud, sugar sand, you name it, it got through it!

Suggested Improvements

Make the cup holders deeper, my drinks always flipped out. Oh, and maybe improving the gas mileage a bit, 11-12 miles a gallon ain't cool when gas is 4 bucks a gallon!

Love This Vehicle
By PD

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

Never had a problem with my Durango, but did have to have a brake job at 30,000. Change the oil every 3,000 miles and keep it garaged. MPG is 12, wish it were better, but I still love my Durango. I feel safe in it. Had a bad front end crash with it a few years ago (other vehicle slid into my lane) and came out with no injuries. When the truck hit, it hid solid. Maybe I just got lucky.

BG
By BG

2000 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

175,000 trouble free miles still drives like it did when we picked it up. Very low maintenance brakes and oil changes only. Fuel 19 highway 15 city not bad.

2000 slt 4.7l
By andy

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV

I hear people complaining about this truck, and I don't know why. This truck has been in the family since it was brand new, and the most expensive repair was spark plugs-$150. I pull a lot of heavy stuff. It pulls like a dream. The truck is extremely powerful. The engine problems people describe are due to poor maintenance. Tranny is very strong, and the engine oil needs to be changed every 3k! Using synthetic also helps. Love mine. Very reliable!

Favorite Features

infinity system, Powerful V8, towing ability, 4x4 (gets me anywhere i want to be), "V8 rumble", ITS FAST.

Suggested Improvements

better mpg, need inline fuel filter, better shocks

Sound vehicle
By bradleyk98

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I had purchased this vehicle in 2002 and have never had a mechanical issue. I do my own maintenance and this vehicle is tough. The only thing we have done is tires brakes battery and shocks. These are expected things for a 120,000 mile vehicle. I am planning on this vehicle lasting our family of six (the third seat is great) at least until it has 200,000 plus on it. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants a tough reliable vehicle capable of handling any of your needs.

Favorite Features

The whole thing is a great truck

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage could be better but I would not want to sacrifice performance