Used 2000 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

still running
By Still going

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

I bought this used in 2004. It had 66,000 miles when I got it. At 126,677 miles I replaced the radiator, water pump and the starter only. Outside of new tires, brakes and an alignment I have had no Major issues with this vehicle. Gas mileage isnt the greatest, but it is still running the same. I am in the navy and move around a lot and this vehicle has been overseas and on several long distance trips. Most dodges seem to go down around 80,000 miles, this one has gotten better and better with age. Everyone complains about dodges having a million issues. No car is perfect, sometimes they come the plant with problems and at times quality control is the issues. Preventative maintainance is the key

room and towing capacaity

stronger engine and fuel economy. better interior for less cabin noise.

DON'T BUY ONE!
By joe

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck new in 2000. I had to put a new engine in at 80,000 miles and just put in a new transmission at 102,000. Now it's leaking fluid...probably the radiator needs repair. Water pump also just went out... expensive, but solid truck feel. I'm selling it to buy a toyota or lexus... or honda... or... anything but a DODGE!

Feels safe, truck like. Solid ride.

Cheap interior. Steering wheel 'leather' actually wore off! I was told that was normal, only problem it happened at 22,000 miles!

Great Quality
By Cliff

2000 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4dr SUV

With regular maintenance and upkeep the 2000 Dodge Durango Sport will run till you wreck it! We had just around out 130k on it and had covered from the west coast, the south, and the heart of the midwest. The only problem we had was with the passenger side actuator ($10), drivers side windows (both required no new parts)and heater took a while to heat up and that was only after having Firestone work on it.... I don't blame Dodge. If your looking for a sturdy vehicle DO this Dodge! It will run until somebody smashes into you and totals it....p.s. the wife drove it away after it was hit...STURDY STURDY STURDY

Ample space for gear - Fold down seats - 3 row seating - won't stop running - can't break in through handles on doors - all around great car

Exhaust fumes from muffler are strong -

Mud buster!
By Bradi

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle a while ago and haven't been happier with any other vehicle. I love it! I now have 156,000 miles and haven't done any major maintence on it. I change and rotate tires every 2500 miles. It has a custom 6" lift with 33" toyo m/t tires. It has the 5.9L in it, with the 4.10 gears. The only downside is, I now only average 10mpg in town and about 11.5 on the highway at 70mph. But this vehicle is a blast to drive! And now that gas is more affordable, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

The power!

It needs locking rear differential, better mpg's, and wish it had a solid front axle. But I love it regardless!

2000 Durango SLT 5.9
By stefan

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this truck for 2 years and it is great! The 5.9 has great performance and with several bolt on parts it performs even better. MPG not desireable but expected from a 5.9. Tows with ease! manual transfer case always reliable. Transmission is probably the weak link in this truck. Interior is very comfortable, leather adds to comfort. Very solid SUV!

Towing power, manual shift transfer case, ground clearance, interior space

Stiffer rear springs for towing