Used 2000 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Great Quality
By Cliff

2000 Dodge Durango Sport 4dr SUV

With regular maintenance and upkeep the 2000 Dodge Durango Sport will run till you wreck it! We had just around out 130k on it and had covered from the west coast, the south, and the heart of the midwest. The only problem we had was with the passenger side actuator ($10), drivers side windows (both required no new parts)and heater took a while to heat up and that was only after having Firestone work on it.... I don't blame Dodge. If your looking for a sturdy vehicle DO this Dodge! It will run until somebody smashes into you and totals it....p.s. the wife drove it away after it was hit...STURDY STURDY STURDY

Ample space for gear - Fold down seats - 3 row seating - won't stop running - can't break in through handles on doors - all around great car

Exhaust fumes from muffler are strong -

Mud buster!
By Bradi

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle a while ago and haven't been happier with any other vehicle. I love it! I now have 156,000 miles and haven't done any major maintence on it. I change and rotate tires every 2500 miles. It has a custom 6" lift with 33" toyo m/t tires. It has the 5.9L in it, with the 4.10 gears. The only downside is, I now only average 10mpg in town and about 11.5 on the highway at 70mph. But this vehicle is a blast to drive! And now that gas is more affordable, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

The power!

It needs locking rear differential, better mpg's, and wish it had a solid front axle. But I love it regardless!

2000 Durango SLT 5.9
By stefan

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this truck for 2 years and it is great! The 5.9 has great performance and with several bolt on parts it performs even better. MPG not desireable but expected from a 5.9. Tows with ease! manual transfer case always reliable. Transmission is probably the weak link in this truck. Interior is very comfortable, leather adds to comfort. Very solid SUV!

Towing power, manual shift transfer case, ground clearance, interior space

Stiffer rear springs for towing

Not a Bad Truck
By Ronald

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall this has not been a bad family vehicle. We live in western central Michigan so the environment is diverse. The four wheel drive definitely was useful. The air conditioning for the summer did just fine. Maintenance was minimal. At 178,000 miles, I intend to buy only my third set of tires.

Great package with SLT. Music, Cruise control, power windows and locks, tinted rear windows, wheels and running boards. All presented a respectable appearance. Great choice of interior and exterior color schemes. Love the exterior design more than newer models and tool storage compartment in back

Paint life, rust came-on after 3 years. Suspension, hitting a Hwy bump caused rear end to feel like it went out from under you. More heat during the cold winter months for the children in the back. Max heat blew us out in front! We stuffed gloves in the front floor vents to force heat to the back.

gotta lotta problems
By shouldaknownbetta

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this vehicle second hand from a lot. The gas mileage, according to the upper display, is abysmal. We have had many problems with reliability. We have had the PCM, (primary control module) replaced. This was done under the factory drive train warranty. We continue to have intermittent "Check engine" lights, fluctuating tachometer readings of 1000 RPM, without actual RPM changes, and miserable gas mileage. Our local Dodge dealership is unable to determine the cause due to "no codes" being registered. While this may be a good SUV in the eyes of some, mine sucks. For the record, I bought mine in 2005 for $16,400.00, The following year, it wasn't worth $7,400.

It's a good looking outfit

Fix the PCM, Rebate buyers with problems.

• SUV