2000 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Not A Good Choice, Or I Got A Bad One
By WCleaver on 10/03/06 12:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Had to replace engine at 86,000 miles. This is due to an engine sludge problem Dodge doesn't want to talk about. The limited slip differential needed rebuilding at 91,000 miles. Any dealer would say these troubles are do the lack of maintanence, not true in my case. I'm done with DaimlerChrysler Croporation.

Thirsty car
By smc in Colorado on 10/02/06 20:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This car is okay, and that's about it. You don't expect an SUV to get 25 mpg, but this thing is like Dudley Moore at last call - drink, drink, drink. It doesn't "hug" the road well, and it really feels only average in the snow (part of the reason for owning an SUV). It hasn't been a horrible experience, but no way I buy it again.

The Real Durango!
By JS on 08/16/06 15:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

Absolutely the finest perfromance vehicle I have seen since the 70's. This vehicle for its size and weight just moves out. Power, comfort and reliability are excellent. If gas mileage is your issue, then you probably can't afford the vehicle to start with. If you can afford the vehicle, the gas mileage doesn't matter!

Durango review
By Mike DiCarlo on 08/16/06 06:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned this SUV for 6 years. Reliable, safe and a powerful. Downfall is the gas consumption, but the power is worth every penny.

Over the top
By ccriderwa on 07/05/06 07:18 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

97K miles and itÂ’s yard art. After taking care of the Durango with top quality service and fluids this puppy overheated driving up the hill to my house warping both heads. Steer clear of Dodge products they are poorly built and do not stand up to real word use.

Overheating
By jsmith on 06/29/06 13:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

What a pig. I like to buy cars and drive them forever. I had this Durango in the dealer for overheating problems no less than 5 times over the course of 1.5 yrs. (yes I am stubborn). New water pump, new radiator, new thermostat, new hoses... still overheats. Replaced sway bars and a few yrs later the front end squeeks again. Fast truck and fun to drive. But not reliable and terrible mileage (14-15 on the hwy doing avg 70-75). Hit a bump and you're airborne. You can do better.

Junk SUV
By Junk on 12/03/05 21:30 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought SLT+ with 38000 miles in 01. Engine died at 105,000 miles. Required a completely new engine (alternative? a 6000 pound paper-weight). Many others have complained about the oil pressure dropping - google "oil pump failure Dodge Durango" and see the results for yourself. If you buy one, you will regret this purchase. I personally will never buy Dodge again. JUNK SUV.

Big Red Truck
By Tim D'Angelo on 09/24/05 05:09 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

I would change very few things on my Durango. My Durango has moved my family two times now and that has paid for the truck ten times over. It can pull anything I throw at it, drive in any kinds of condition with complete safety and keeps us safe even when foolish drivers deciede they need to hit us. It's a shame the new Durango looks like a minivan.

Money Pit
By Wm T Vadney on 09/18/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Wonderful concept & design, if it was done right! Seems they put a truck chassis on a Neon body. Bought used in 2003. 1st year, ball joints & steering rack replaced @ 41,000 mis, (a common problem they said-steering still wobbly) & brake caliper bushings. ($1,100.00)-2nd year, ball joints again (recall) Now the transmission is gone. ($1200.00 - $2000.00) I figured a truck would be heavy duty. Ram tough my eye. Great design but the system that runs it is terrible. If it can't go it may as well be just an expensive lawn ornament. Even more deplorable is the Chrysler's "sorry your disappointed" response and no action to keep a customer. Repairs paid more than paid on loan so far.

Too much gas!
By itsmine59 on 07/21/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

This thing is a sight to behold. Its interior and exterior styling is awesome. The flame red color is the best red color on the road. Nice exhaust sound. This thing needs its own gas station! I get an average fuel economy of 9.9 MPG. It has power, but it is a bit sluggish. It is a little slow and does not get off the line that great, but once you get going look out! An awesome car for the money. It is perfect just being plain ol' factory stock. 17" wheels, beefy tires, nice exhaust. It turns heads.