Used 2000 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

saved my life
By preston11

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

i have had my durango for about a year and it was fun to drive and was great on gas. but one day i was out with my friend we were on a dirt road messing around but then we were heading home and a deer ran out in front of me. i lost control of the car and flipthe durango we were ok nothing to bad but the suv was a lose. i would have to say that the durango saved my life and i would be proud to buy another one.

Reliable family SUV, bad bad. mpg!
By steveerai

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We have had this car for about a year and it has been good to us. The leather and suade interior is so nice! The 2nd and 3rd rows are very spacious. A few things we don't like is the mpg! We get about 12-15 city and 15-17 hwy. Not very economical at all. Also the lever to put down the 2nd row seats is too close to the plastics. I always scrape my nuckle as it is VERY hard to pull. Other then that its a nice family suv, that's if your last name is Gates or Trump. As the gas price will cost you a fortune! !!!

I thought i would hate it but i love it
By evolanceroz

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

When my BMW broke down i had to get a new vehicle. I work for a VW dealership and a customer traded this durango in. This truck was immaculant for the miles. I was used to 30 mpg but always in a small car. This SUV is comfortable and very fun to drive. I have heard and saw all the horror stories about this truck. I will not be getting rid of this vehicle at all!!!

The motor is extremely powerful. The interior room is wonderful. the styling is pleasing to the eyes. The 4x4 is insane

The MPG is horrible. i get about 14-16 in the city and about 20-21 on the hwy.

warranty with U.S fidells? sorry but love our durango
By leadfoot54

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

We love our durango poor gas miles replaced all the door locks and now the transmission has whent out we had U.S fidells and what a joke they are payed them for over year and got the run around with the transmission we ended up pay for the rebuilt transmission

tow package

gas miles

Overall, has been good to me
By Jared

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this thinking the gas mileage wouldn't be too bad with a 4.7 v8, boy was I wrong. My biggest complaint is the gas mileage and visibility. There is no reason a car with only a 4.7 should be getting this bad of gas mileage not to mention no nuts either! You'll be pushing 3500 rpm to pass on a hill. And the visibility being bad is because of the large sized window towers. But the 4x4 is awesome. It is impossible to get this thing stuck, its been deep in the snow and sand and has owned both like no problem. It handles curves very well with a tighter suspension, but does only 'okay' in snow and ice, it tends to slip a lot because of how high the rpms run.

4x4. it will not get stuck, believe me!

Better gas mileage!, better visibility

• SUV