Used 2000 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Good Family Car
By Missymoo

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV

We bought this car to tow a trailer on family vacations and drive kids around. It has been great for those purposes. The 3rd row seat is great for the kids, not so comfortable for adults. Love the rear air conditioning.

The overhead console with room for sunglasses & garage door opener. Also the computer showing temperature and milage info.

Tows great, but the gas milage leaves a bit to be desired (I average 11-12 miles/gal).

My 'Rango
By Heather L

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

We have been very happy with our Durango until just recently. With less than 70k miles, we have had numerous problems with the vehicle. We have been in to the shop FOUR times to get the brakes worked on, but still have problems with them. The ball joints are so worn they need to be replaced. (I have recently discovered that this is a common problem with Durangos & Dakotas). We need our inner tie rods replaced (and Dodge is on backorder for tie rods, we're looking to wait at least a couple of weeks). I love the vehicle, it's spacious and comfortable, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking to buy a vehicle. Just my opinion, though!

Powerful V8 engine, comfortable seats, seats 7, room for full spare

Gas mileage, braking system, steering system

Mother's Day present?
By Cowgirl

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I love the sound (motorand speakers), color (chili pepper red pearl coat), handling, and design. But, we bought the vehicle used with 38,000 miles. Within the first week it was on a roll back headed for the dealership (freeze plugs failed). The brakes have always been "touchy" and no one can find a problem. Gas mileage is worse than my husband's 5.7L. Z71 and I've got the 5.2L. But, it's never stranded us anywhere.

Leather, sound system, 3rd row

braking system, gas mileage

A Van alternative
By Evergreen

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

For hauling a batch of kids, going camping, skiing, and trips to Costco it's great. However, it'a a pig on gas (13.8 mpg over 80K miles) and not maintenance free. The exh manifold bolts have broken, the drive shaft U- joint replaced, door locks replaced 2 times a new power steering pump and 3 sets of brakes. It has also depreciated $20K over 4 years making this a great used value, at my expense! I won't buy another new one.

seating for 7

better gas mileage, better reliability

Love it
By Cristi

2000 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4dr SUV

I just purchased my Durango and I LOVE IT. The interior doesn't squeek, and the wind noise is minute. I would repurchase this vehicle in an instant.

Fun to drive-beautiful exterior Folding third seat.

Better fuel economy but hey it's an SUV.

• SUV