2000 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Fun If You Have Alot of Bucks
By Joli on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Lots of fun to drive and lots of power (have the 360 5.9L). BUT, the internal rattle noise could be fuel knock from low grade fuel or a louder knock we have found to be the intake gasket (we have replaced twice). My suspension sounded like popcorn popping (leaf springs and shocks replaced). A popping sound from front end can indicate ball joints (so I have found). The long braking distance can be fixed with a brake adjustment.

Bumpy roads ahead
By bdomnor on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

Get ready for a rough ride! This thing sucks when it comes to a smooth ride, even worse off road. With 6 people, it becomes even more horrific. The noise and bumpiness makes everyone in the cabin sick. Total waste of gas.

dodge durango battle weary beast
By clayton english on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

Great SUV, great driving performance, however, rough ride, definite truck feel. compared to the GMC Yukon Denali or Toyota Land Cruiser, this vehicle shapes up as brute force vehicle (better/similar to Yukon Denali) without subtle comforts (Land Cruiser).

Love this truck
By rbickle1963 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

A lot of people drive SUVs, only a few drive a Durango! Spare me the label identity and mini-van-SUVs...those are for the people who would pay thousands more to show up the rest of the neighborhood. Don't talk to me about over priced foriegn luxury SUVs are tinker toys that claim to fit 5 adults if you like sitting in a car that fits you like a 60s VW. I owned the Toyota (being 6'4", it wasn't a "fit") and the Fords (And explored the service bay and lost my car in a sea of lemmings), and this is the best. Forget the hype, go for the performance, quality, and VALUE of Dodge!

what a truck
By Jake Jensen on 03/14/02 14:18 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

the 91' Dodge Durango is a very good vehical i own one and i have oned several suv's before this one and this on is the most powerful and the most comfortable one i have owned. i would recomend this to any one with a family of four or larger unless u travel alot because the cargo space is massive after u fold down all of the seats this is a very nice vehical and it is fun to drive. it is also a good off roader if your into that sort of thing

I miss my 2000 R/T
By Mr Mopar on 03/12/02 02:37 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

I ordered the 1st R/T from Dodge but something happend to it and I got a later one. My R/T was the best car I ever had! At 10K miles the computer kicked up a notch and added about 15 HP. Nothing EVER went wrong with it and I was always comfortable taking it anywhere. It got me through several blizzards and closed roads like they were dry. AWESOME vehicle! GREAT JOB DODGE!!!

Bob's Short
By Bobbie on 03/10/02 13:50 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

It's a nice vehicle and a tough one to due to the dakota chassis. Milage is good with the small motor but if you have to tow a boat of 4000 lbs your milage goes to 8 to 10 maximum expensive on a long trip. nuff said

not exactly perfect
By vaguy on 03/09/02 20:53 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my Durango for about 2 years now. It is a nice vehicle to drive and travel in. The ride is also pretty smooth. However, there are some small problems. When you get some speed going there is a wind sound comming in the vehicle through the wind shield. I have had a problem with the power windows. Every now and then there is a winding noise comming from the engine compartment. The front passenger seats don't recline to a comfortable position which would be nice on long trips.

Solid
By Austin Powers on 03/09/02 01:10 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I love it! Few quirks, overall good SUV.

i like it
By jeh on 03/03/02 14:51 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango Sport 4dr SUV