2000 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Patriot Blues
By MagnumV8 on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

Overall I have enjoyed my Durango. Great styling, excellent exceleration, gorgeous Patriot Blue Metallic paint, and some nice creature features, for a truck. However, being one who swore to never buy an SUV, next time, I'll stick to my words. Noise under the hood, sounds like bad bearings in the air conditioning unit. Popping in the suspension. Never make an emergency stop in this vehicle. One power door lock replaced. Power windows, sometimes. One freeze plug replaced at 64k miles.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Powerthink on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I've been very impressed with this baby. At 31,000 miles/30 months, this thing still feels tight, powerful and very useful and enjoyable. We bought this when our 3rd child was born. It fits our family perfectly. The worst thing about it is too many are being bought out there. Only problems to date have been power windows motor (replaced) and rear air motor (repaired).

Beware of Oil Gelling
By Big Mistake on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV

No problems with vehicle, except it is a gas guzzler. At 44,000 miles engine threw a rod and blew due to oil sludge buildup. There are over 182+ people with the same malfunction ranging from 3000 miles new to 60000 miles. Very common problem in the 5.2L. Research before you buy.

2000 Dodge Durango
By Jodi on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

The A/C in the Durango is terrible on mine and anyone else I have spoke to that owns or has owned one. Also there is a design flaw where the A/C condensation drips onto the manifold and makes a ticking/hissing noise, there is nothing the can do to fix it my neighbor has the same problem.

Durango
By vegasdriver on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV

Very comfortable. Will turn better than many smaller cars. Mine is 2WD, it has gotten stuck on gravel shoulders. Stock tires squeal and slip on easy starts. Rear only anti- lock brakes are a bad engineering scheme, the truck skids easily.

my dodge durango
By krd on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

My experience with my Dodge Durango has been nothing but positive. The only problem I had was a faulty drivers outside mirror which was replaced by the dealer no charge. Other negatives would be poor gas mileage and at times the ride is truck like but it is all and all a very nice vehicle. Have cruised many miles in the Durango and it gives me trouble free driving.

Awesome truck, horrible gas mileage
By ej55555 on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I thought this truck was going to be the ultimate ride on and off road. And I was right! Handling like a sports car as I fly off the road into a field at 60mph and not even blink an eye, or even spill my coffee. Now that's excitement! Eat that Tahoe! If the gas mileage wasn't so horrible, it would be the ultimate SUV.

The Perfect Size
By Mark O on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I wanted a large SUV but my garage door was too small. The Durango was perfect. TONS of room, but not a river barge like a Suburban, Expedition, ETC. Big 5.9liter engine, reliable, nice leather....get the BIG mirrors, they look better and you can see everything when backing up or passing. 40K miles and no problems (except a burt out fog light)

I'd buy another
By texanbetty on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I've been a GMC/Chevy person my whole life...This is my first Dodge. I have 25000 miles on it so far..I have had problems with it trying to stall, but took it in and the chip was replaced, then I had a problem with the front wheel berings which were replaced. The transmission could be a little tighter...Those are the only things that have gone wrong...I like the turning radis and the outside appearance...I think for the price it's a really good truck...I didn't expect it to ride smoothly because it's a TRUCK and a 4x4 at that...But I like the pick-up and the handling in traffic...and it fits in my garage..I'm pretty satisfied with it and i'd buy another

Fun If You Have Alot of Bucks
By Joli on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Lots of fun to drive and lots of power (have the 360 5.9L). BUT, the internal rattle noise could be fuel knock from low grade fuel or a louder knock we have found to be the intake gasket (we have replaced twice). My suspension sounded like popcorn popping (leaf springs and shocks replaced). A popping sound from front end can indicate ball joints (so I have found). The long braking distance can be fixed with a brake adjustment.