2000 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Love it - but major repairs
By prospering on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

Threw a rod at 47,000 miles and adjuster stated it was due to a faulty gasket that caused the oil to burn up, however neither Chrysler nor our extended warranty would cover it. Had to replace the engine at a cost of over $4,000. We've had to take the vehicle in a few times to repair the electric windows and door locks. The back rear AC makes loud clacking noises in hot weather.

Great vehicle
By cvos on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

Owned for three years and I am deciding if I want to buy it at the end of the lease. I have had no problems or unusual maintance. Would highly recommend the vehicle from 0 to 40,000 miles we shall see on the next 40,000.

BEST SUV OUT THERE!!
By Heidi Matney on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV

This has been the absolute driving machine! Dodge has outdone themselves with the 5.9. The 360 is awe inspiring. Easy to drive and great for hauling the soccer star and her teammates. With four kids at home and extras always around, its third row seating is more than handy. And hey, lets face it, minivans are UGLY!!

My Durango
By Barry Jones on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I test drove a Pathfinder, 4Runner, Xterra, Passport and Rodeo before I finally came to the Dodge and I stopped looking after a 10 minute drive. The seats were made for Americans and I am tall (6'4") so I wanted a SUV where my knees didn't hit anything (console, dash, etc.). The seats are comfortable and the dash is stylish yet simple. I am sure there are other good SUV's out there but you can't go wrong with this one. It has a third row seat, great towing power, full size spare tire and a quiet engine with a nice sounding exhaust

Crappy Service + Crappy R/T= Hell
By Ohgodjimmy on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

At about 7500 miles it misses a shift at redline and the engine does the cutoff routine. I take it into Suburban Chryser (Saint Paul, MN) to be looked at "for missing a shift at redline". The dealer has it all day, puts about 150 miles on it and tells me this is normal operation. B.S. I complain to Chrysler corp. they tell me to take it to another dealer. I have never owned a car with an automatic that doesn't shift at redline. Last dodge I will ever own. Very Incompetent people at Suburban Chrysler in Saint Paul, MN

GREAT TRUCK !!!
By darlstar001 on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a 2000 Durango. I have just turned 83,000 miles. The only problem I have had is to replace the fan clutch. That's it. Great highway driver. Good performance from the 4.7 liter engine. It is unstoppable in the snow (if you get rid of the stock tires). No complaints about the reliability at all. Check out the new 2004's. I'll buy another.

Love this rig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By kiss on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

this truck is very reliable with good brakes and good rear ac. I will for sure probably buy a new one.

Happy w/2000 Durango, its solid
By Jeff from PA on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

no major problems in 3 years, great drive train and engine, heater/ac fan is loud, good stereo, great paint, dependable

A heck of a truck
By ChristaLynn on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I needed very specific things in a vehicle, towing capacity for a horse trailer, room for 3 kids and their stuff, 4 wheel drive, comfortable front seats for long drives, and most importantly, a cool looking vehicle (bye bye boring minvan) The Durango was the only mid-sized truck that met all my criteria. I love, love, love driving this truck. When I hit that accelerator, this baby moves. It handles great, corners well and is just so fun to drive. Also, I bought my Durango used on Ebay and saved over $6,000 so am doubly happy. Hope you buy one and love it too.

Get to know your Dodge mechanic...
By kseebold on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

I bouught my Durango new in 2001 and have been satisfied with the performance; however, the vehicle has been plagued with numerous malfunctions. I've been back to the dealer for the following, # visits to correct problem in (), power window failure (1); speaker malfunction (3 - still not fixed); radiator fan thermocouple (1); front pass. seat rail (1); driver seat rail (1). It seems that the "fit and finish" could use a little work, but the styling and vehicle performance are fine. Look at the service record before you buy...