2000 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
saved my life
By preston11 on 04/26/12 11:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

i have had my durango for about a year and it was fun to drive and was great on gas. but one day i was out with my friend we were on a dirt road messing around but then we were heading home and a deer ran out in front of me. i lost control of the car and flipthe durango we were ok nothing to bad but the suv was a lose. i would have to say that the durango saved my life and i would be proud to buy another one.

still running
By Still going on 04/16/09 04:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

I bought this used in 2004. It had 66,000 miles when I got it. At 126,677 miles I replaced the radiator, water pump and the starter only. Outside of new tires, brakes and an alignment I have had no Major issues with this vehicle. Gas mileage isnt the greatest, but it is still running the same. I am in the navy and move around a lot and this vehicle has been overseas and on several long distance trips. Most dodges seem to go down around 80,000 miles, this one has gotten better and better with age. Everyone complains about dodges having a million issues. No car is perfect, sometimes they come the plant with problems and at times quality control is the issues. Preventative maintainance is the key

Amazing vehicle!
By devoe6xo on 06/22/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

I bought mine in December of 2008 with 107,000 miles on it, and for the money I paid it was a great deal! This thing runs like a champ. I take it everywhere that my friends take there more expensive 4x4 trucks and get through everything with ease. Mine had the 5.9 L V-8 in it so it had plenty of power, with some to spare. I absolutely loved this s.u.v and would have never gotten rid of it if gas hadn't gotten to 4 bucks a gallon.

Disaster waiting to happen
By Sludge Monster on 12/28/07 08:57 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

I once read a Durango review that stated, "You never forget you're driving a truck" and that is a perfect description of this SUV's ride comfort. I wanted truck-like durability so I wasn't worried about the harshness of the ride; I liked the high clearance and true off-road capability of this vehicle. However, there is a huge oil-pressure issue with this engine. Dodge blames "sludge" and poor maintenance but even meticulously maintained Durangos meet the same fate. Our engine literally blew up just before 60,000 miles. Replaced the engine only to discover more issues requiring money. I loved driving this SUV but warn used car buyers to steer clear of this potential money pit.

Towing Machine
By Jeff on 07/08/07 05:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

It does have some rattles and pops but with 105,000 miles, not too bad. Great towing SUV. Pulls our camper with no problems with the 5.9, 360 engine. Have had to replace some motor components but nothing real costly.

Good Truck
By Elaine Boidi on 06/23/07 07:39 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

Truck has been very sound. No problems mechanically, just normal wear and tear. Other than the gas mileage I love it.

My 'Rango
By Heather L on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

We have been very happy with our Durango until just recently. With less than 70k miles, we have had numerous problems with the vehicle. We have been in to the shop FOUR times to get the brakes worked on, but still have problems with them. The ball joints are so worn they need to be replaced. (I have recently discovered that this is a common problem with Durangos & Dakotas). We need our inner tie rods replaced (and Dodge is on backorder for tie rods, we're looking to wait at least a couple of weeks). I love the vehicle, it's spacious and comfortable, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking to buy a vehicle. Just my opinion, though!

2000 Durango
By DSLT on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

Love this SUV, great performance, good handling, modest comfort level, alot for the money. I be in line for a 2004 when my lease is up.

Dodge the Dodge!
By jr lewis on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

Good looking vehicle with a quality of a hyundai.

Love it - but major repairs
By prospering on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

Threw a rod at 47,000 miles and adjuster stated it was due to a faulty gasket that caused the oil to burn up, however neither Chrysler nor our extended warranty would cover it. Had to replace the engine at a cost of over $4,000. We've had to take the vehicle in a few times to repair the electric windows and door locks. The back rear AC makes loud clacking noises in hot weather.